Total INEO deal 504.00 507.00

I just picked up a 5qt jug of Total INEO 5w30 from Advanced Auto Parts for my VW 2.0l TDI. It rang up at the register @ $20.65. it is marked on the floor near $50. I don't know if it is a special sale or what, but will be going back to get more soon.

PXL_20230620_194550020~2.jpg
PXL_20230620_195151974.jpg
PXL_20230620_195226727.jpg

Isn’t it still less than or equal to 1.6? I thought it was a maximum limit, not a minimum.

Edit, never mind. I see the minimum.
Yeah - the upper limit is also there but I ignored it for the sake of this case. But you caught it anyway.

I don't see a discernable date on the jug. However, I think the tan bottles are newer. The bottles were always silver when I bought it in the past.

truth is that i show years ago c3 oil motul xclean 5-40 with porsche a40 which usually goes with a3/b4 oils
Which may have been somehow finagled for a prior A3/B4 Sequence where there was only a maximum. Maybe.

Maybe not. You have to stay on your toes with PDS sometimes. I'd be very careful to make sure this unobtanium prior unicorn you speak of had actual A40 approval. "With" doesn't mean "approved".

Or perhaps you don't remember clearly.

its funny how you are always twist a conversation .

i never said approved. ''with'' is with,in english means ,something with..so ''with'' here means the jug label as most of the members understood as you would IF you had an eye on the link and the picture of the jug.
Isn't that something.? So simple yet apparently so hard to understand!

8100x.jpg

its funny how you are always twist a conversation .

i never said approved. ''with'' is with,in english means ,something with..so ''with'' here means the jug label as most of the members understood as you would IF you had an eye on the link and the picture of the jug.
Isn't that something.? So simple yet apparently so hard to understand!

View attachment 162795
Yeah it’s funny. Maybe you should blame Motul not me. Ask about the VW “approval” when you call.

Hey for $20, I would definately get some. $45 retail? No thanks. Total (now TotalEnergies), is decent enough stuff blended in the US gulf coast somewhere, but still rather meh IMHO. Kinda like LM.

Like most US offered "Euro" oil flavors, the C3 low ash/TBN requirements are rather moot now, referencing OCI, so might be worth a go if cheap enough. With lack of wide spread GPF, the low ash C3s MIGHT keep IVD down and be overalll "cleaner", but who knows. Blurring the ACEA labeling doesn't affect like 99% of the US oil buying public anyway, and most don't know what it all means unless BITOG. THEN it causes all sorts chaos, mind bending thoughts, uncontrolled gyrations and dancing with snakes.

Back