Tire rotation

Well a little update. I went through the 2021 Honda HRV owners book and they do not show a rotation pattern to use at all. As a matter of fact in the tire section they dont even mention rotation. The only mention in the book is the maintinece minder that number 1 includes a tire rotation among other service. But in the book it self no mention of rotation and no chart showing the recommended rotation... In the past there would usually be a chart showing a rotation pattern.

Well a little update. I went through the 2021 Honda HRV owners book and they do not show a rotation pattern to use at all. As a matter of fact in the tire section they dont even mention rotation. The only mention in the book is the maintinece minder that number 1 includes a tire rotation among other service. But in the book it self no mention of rotation and no chart showing the recommended rotation... In the past there would usually be a chart showing a rotation pattern.

Really? That is weird because this is what I found on the internet. Owner's Manual for 2021 HR-V

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/AT7A2121OM/enu/AT7A2121OM.PDF

And on page 567

Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
O really...............the 2021 Honda HRV Owners Guide has only 433 pages ...So what you are showing is NOT in the owners book. What you are showing is the service book used my the techs at the dealer....

I don't own the car so there is no point in arguing with you. That's what I found online after just typing in "2021 Honda HR-V Owner's Manual" in the search bar. Go and click on the link I posted for you and go to the first page/cover and see for yourself what it says.

I don't own the car so there is no point in arguing with you. That's what I found online after just typing in "2021 Honda HR-V Owner's Manual" in the search bar. Go and click on the link I posted for you and go to the first page/cover and see for yourself what it says.
I did and thanks for posting this...I have bookmarked the book. It is interesting that this is not thr book that came in the glove box packet you get. What you posted is much more in detail and covers more service related items. I got the UPC code off what you posted and will call Honda about why the big difference in the books...the one you posted and the one that came with my 2021 HRV. Again thanks for posting this..I went to the Honda owners site and within the first 6 months of ownership you can order the book for free...after that 60 bucks. I ordered the book in hard copy. Still dont get why you dont get that book in the first place,, Again thanks for posting the info..

Last edited:
It's seems odd the OP would confuse shortening a maintenance interval with altering a maintenance procedure.

And the simplest of Google searches and a minimum amount of ambition (like actually reading the 1st search result) readily provided the answer.

Alas....
Some people want the world handed to them on a platter.

The owners manual shows a front cross method....20 years ago rear wheel drive showed a cross method too. I really dont know what the owners books has to do with the question. If you say what does the book say...then do you follow it for oil changes??? I bet more that 80 percent on this site DO NOT...They change the oil much much sooner...Do people on this site follow the book for transmission fluid change...I bet a lot change it much sooner...So what I am saying I know what the book says..I am one that actually reads it. My book for my first car a 1968 Dodge Charger showed a cross method back then and all of my cars after that....I have been doing same side for many many years.. I have never had an issue with tire wear. I never owned a AWD before and was not sure if I continue to do it on this Honda HRV with AWD would cause any type of problem with tire wear...that is all...So that is my answer to that

You are welcome and wow, $60 for something that should have been included with the sale of the car to begin with. Honda sure knows how to nickel and dime their customers to death.

With that being said, this is from your earlier post in this thread, what owner's manual, if not the one you already have, are you referring to here then?

I just follow the manual every 6k-8k unless I notice unusual wear sooner. Having the correct air pressure helps alot as well. With temps dropping due to winter coming check your pressure every other week.

You are welcome and wow, $60 for something that should have been included with the sale of the car to begin with. Honda sure knows how to nickel and dime their customers to death.

With that being said, this is from your earlier post in this thread, what owner's manual, if not the one you already have, are you referring to here then?
I have found out on a HRV forum that Honda stopped giving you the full book many years ago and you get a abridged version with your new vehicle...If you go to the Honda Owners website you can order the full version.....the one that you posted... and it comes from Helms. It is free if you order it within the first 6 months of ownership and you provide a VIN number with the order so they can check...I am 3 weeks away from six months...so you saved me 60 bucks...The owners book I was refering to was the one that I got with the new HRV...and it does not show any chart of the recomended tire rotation at all...The closest was a note in the mainenace minder section the the number 1 includes tire rotation with no mention of which way to do it...I was concerned because this is the first AWD car I ever owned and did not know if that requires a certian way...but from your post it does not matter. In the past I have always rotated same side with no pull issues and the wear seemed to be even..Again thanks for saving me 60 buck..the part that I says the owners manual shows a front cross method. Dont know why I said that at all. It would have made things a lot easier if I had not said that...

Last edited:
I just follow the manual every 6k-8k unless I notice unusual wear sooner. Having the correct air pressure helps alot as well. With temps dropping due to winter coming check your pressure every other week.
You don't know how many people WILL NOT do that simple YET very important preventive maintenance item. CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURES often if you care about your family who ride in the vehicles.

I always keep them on the same side. It’s just what I was taught to do. I was taught after a tire goes one direction for so long you aren’t supposed to switch it because it makes it wear faster and could blow out easier. And I have not seen it cause any issues by simply doing it front to back. I do it on customer cars and our cars and haven’t noticed any abnormal wear and I work on Subaru so all of those are all wheel drive and I do front to back when doing it. The only time I’ll cross it is if the customer requests a cross rotation which is very rarely.
One of my dealership buddies long long ago (I am almost certain) it was at the time Americans were first exposed to the front wheel drive cars on a mass scale in the 90s. (yes I know someone will point out , the Oldsmobile Tornado was front wheel drive) advised me he and all his techs / mechanics and co workers were going to be going front to back to front instead of across. Well I listened to him and been doing it ever since with no trouble at all. They also advised no more 10,000mi rotations like rear wheel drive and suggested every 4000mi to 6000mi. What I like most is you don't have all the front end alignment pain in the rear all the time like with rear wheel drivers.

Back