Tires wearing evenly. Do I need to rotate?

IMG_6435.jpeg

My 23 Tucson AWD has 10,300 miles on the factory Michelins. Checked with tire guage and found all tires wearing very even. I am inclined to not rotate the tires as recommended. What would I accomplish?

Your thoughts please.
My tire shop has had the same staff since before they had grey and skin colored hair. They have modern equipment - and I want them to do a rotation and good balance job at 10k - then it’s 10k or more after that …

If the tires are wearing evenly, probably don't "need" to. That said, some manufacturers (like Honda) do have rotation as a recommended regular maintenance item. And as it's free at Discount Tire, nothing to lose imo and in my experience.

The other reason I rotate and balance tires on a regular schedule, it maintains my tires treadwear warranty at Discount Tire. That's come in handy more than once, with a prorated price on a new set of tires for tires that were worn before their treadwear warranty period.

My tire shop has had the same staff since before they had grey and skin colored hair. They have modern equipment - and I want them to do a rotation and good balance job at 10k - then it’s 10k or more after that …
Skin colored hair?

I rotate every 5k while I’m changing oil. The cars gotta be on jacks anyway to change the filter. Takes ten more minutes to rotate them. Also gives me an opportunity to look at them more closely for nails, damage, etc. I use a torque wrench to final tighten the wheels, and all wearing evenly.

If you must pay for a rotation each time and you drive a AWD then I say no-just my experience over many 100 of thousands of miles in several vehicles like my CX5, a Subaru and a Volvo. "Your results may vary:" -:))

Back