Tiny ants in the kitchen

They are looking for food and water. If you look outside around your house, I would bet you will find their nest under a rock or something. If you can do it safely, put a few drops of Terro in your kitchen where you see them. Don't disturb them and let them have their way around the Terro and they will bring it to the nest and the colony will perish.
From the Terro website regarding crazy ants... "In many cases, professional pest management is needed."
Like I said before, if you have crazy ants, good luck getting rid of them. They are formidable pests!
This website has some good advice... https://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/crazy-ants.html

Last edited:
Agree with others, getting over thought!
Solution is simple and safe, stop worrying about the pets and people.

Purchase some insect killer that attaches to the garden hose. Soak the foundation of the house and soil about 3 feet out. Problem solved, perfectly safe, Read the label and keep pets off until dry or 24 hours.
Inside the house, spray any type of aerosol or foam type ant, roach, spider killler along the baseboard, allow to dry.
Purchase many packs of ant "traps", they last about 6 months, put them along the floor where the pets cant get at them.

= Problem solved.

( ivebeenrued has a good plan as an alt.)

They are looking for food and water. If you look outside around your house, I would bet you will find their nest under a rock or something. If you can do it safely, put a few drops of Terro in your kitchen where you see them. Don't disturb them and let them have their way around the Terro and they will bring it to the nest and the colony will perish.
They've been feeding on the Terro in my house for two months and they're still not gone. They are less numerous, but still around.

I got a 4-pound bag of "Safer" brand DE at Home Depot. I don't think it would be harmful to pets unless they snort it. It's basically a fine mineral dust that dehydrates insects.

This works extremely well.
I fill up a couple of repurposed ketchup bottles and mist it around the outside of the house, along the foundation.
I was overrun with ants the beginning of the season, but now I might have one or two a week.
Plan on following up with some of the Terro ant baits when I can find them locally.

Back