This is what happens when you fill the engine with washer fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young people are no longer mechanically inclined.

My grandson (who has a Masters) is lucky to know how to put gas on a car. Dumb A$).
The disrespect towards the under 30 gang 🙁
Who was supposed to teach us 🤨
And here I am trying to repair a CCC QuadraJet that predates my existence by a solid 15 years 🤔
No Boomer has proved of much assistance 🙄
1715225240446.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it would suit your tastes better if he was an illiterate drug addict who knew how to work on cars. Maybe then he could make you proud.

Stop… Seriously that is foolishness.

Fact is there are MANY people with supposedly “ advanced “ college degrees that are functionally dumb as a box of rocks about many everyday things… About basic things like vehicle care, cooking, and cleaning, etc.

I know this from my own professional experience. Bachelor degrees, Masters degrees, and they are dumb about things that are not hard to think about or pay attention to…

I respect their drive and abilities to earn those advanced degrees.

I just wonder if one has the ability to understand why certain elements are so important to maintain a balance of in one’s body and how to properly manage that… And what negative effects happen if potassium or sodium or magnesium get way out of balance then why can’t they understand the importance of knowing to check the air in their frigging tires. Or why it’s important to know where to find what oil their vehicle takes in an owners manual. Because those same people have the ability and knowledge to look up in a pharmacy book which medications to use to lower edema, and blood pressure and yet at the same time maintain proper electrolyte balances too.

Those thinking processes are not really all that. Whether it be about cars or about peoples bodies. Nor is it atypical if you don’t know the answer then you know where to go to find it. Or that it is imperative to pay attention to certain things.

I have worked with many of them. And I’m the one who tries to help them understand why certain things are very important to get done or pay attention to.

On more than one occasion I have had to tell my coworkers to get their tires replaced and a good alignment done because they had tires worn and showing cords and you could clearly see their vehicle was way, way, way out of alignment.

Last edited:
Young people are no longer mechanically inclined.

My grandson (who has a Masters) is lucky to know how to put gas on a car. Dumb A$).
My son who is finishing up his freshman year of college and will likely spend his career behind a desk and who is not mechanically inclined decided to take an auto shop class in high school. They have a full 4 bay garage with lifts and it was one of the best classes he took in high school.

Fact is there are MANY people with supposedly “ advanced “ college degrees that are functionally dumb as a box of rocks about many everyday things…

I know this from my own professional experience. Bachelor degrees, Masters degrees, and they are dumb about things that are not hard to think about or pay attention to…

I have worked with many of them. And I’m the one who tries to help them understand why certain things are very important to get done or pay attention to.
This may be the "what" but not the "why". I know it's in vogue right now to pick on people with higher education as being otherwise clueless and lacking common sense but in my experience it simply comes down to priorities and to some extent necessity. I don't do any real wrench turning in my life because I have other things I'd rather be doing and to be honest I don't have to. I did it when I was younger, not because I thought it was fun, I had to do it out of necessity, because I couldn't afford to pay someone else to do it. Now that I can afford to pay others, I let the auto experts do what they do, and I get on with my life doing what I do.

Fact is there are MANY people with supposedly “ advanced “ college degrees that are functionally dumb as a box of rocks about many everyday things… About basic things like vehicle care, cooking, and cleaning, etc.

I respect their drive and abilities to earn those advanced degrees.

I just wonder if one has the ability to understand why certain elements are so important to maintain a balance of in one’s body and how to properly manage that… And what negative effects happen if potassium or sodium or magnesium get way out of balance then why can’t they understand the importance of knowing to check the air in their frigging tires. Or why it’s important to know where to find what oil their vehicle takes in an owners manual. Because those same people have the ability and knowledge to look up in a pharmacy book which medications to use to lower edema, and blood pressure and yet at the same time maintain proper electrolyte balances too.

Those thinking processes are not really all that. Whether it be about cars or about peoples bodies. Nor is it atypical if you don’t know the answer then you know where to go to find it. Or that it is imperative to pay attention to certain things.

On more than one occasion I have had to tell my coworkers to get their tires replaced and a good alignment done because they had tires worn and showing cords and you could clearly see their vehicle was way, way, way out of alignment.
My comment is more about the name calling of his own grandson on a public forum. It wasn’t admirable so I called it out. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back