This forum badly needs to move to a modern platform/back end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by anderson
i disagree , the simplicity and ease of use with the current design is far superior

+ yet another.

There are always trade offs. I'm OK giving up some of the newer forum features in order to maintain simplicity. A lot of other forums that I frequent are so tricked out these days, it actually detracts from the content itself.

I fail to see an issue with this format??? Looks pretty darn clean to me.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I see lots of whiners but no ones offering up any money LOL

I'll say it again. I'm pretty sure the current software and server hosting costs money, it's just moving to something else that, you guessed it, also costs money.

Originally Posted by nickaluch
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Hey look, just logged in and PCMO section shows as if I read all the updated threads except I didn't. Now I have no idea which threads I already read through and which I didn't. Unread threads should show up with BOLD font but clearly here it isn't. Again, a big time suck.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Hey look, just logged in and PCMO section shows as if I read all the updated threads except I didn't. Now I have no idea which threads I already read through and which I didn't. Unread threads should show up with BOLD font but clearly here it isn't. Again, a big time suck.

Really?

Originally Posted by kschachn

Really?

Really what?

Really what?
I have the attention span and patience of a flea, but I've never been so triggered by an aspect of Bitog that I post it is "a big time suck", that's all.

And BTW I like how it is now. Clean and direct without the severely overbuilt format you find on so many other boards.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
My only complaint, and one of my favorite features of other sites:

When I click on my control panel I want to see threads I've participated in or subscribed to that have NEW posts in them. I can's stand that I have to click on MY previous posts to see if someone else has posted after me. This wastes a bit of time and I'm sure I miss some responses to threads I haven't posted in for a long time.

YES THIS!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!!

If you are that interested in conversing with someone, what's wrong with simply sending them a PM based on what was posted before?
confused2.gif

This way you can avoid all the pointless garbage notifications (something I despise when using other sites).

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

When I click on my control panel I want to see threads I've participated in or subscribed to that have NEW posts in them. I can's stand that I have to click on MY previous posts to see if someone else has posted after me. This wastes a bit of time and I'm sure I miss some responses to threads I haven't posted in for a long time.

This way you can avoid all the pointless garbage notifications (something I despise when using other sites).

Yes, that little dot that shows up by your username in the top right corner is TERRIBLE! God for bid you be notified that someone replied to the UOA you just posted without going back to the actual thread! The horror!

Originally Posted by user52165
I disagree. I belong to 2 forums using that platform.

BITOG is much easier to navigate.

BITOG is a wonderful forum platform, probably the best on the net. It's simple, uncluttered, fast and easy to use. Unlike more modern offerings.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

Yes, that little dot that shows up by your username in the top right corner is TERRIBLE! God for bid you be notified that someone replied to the UOA you just posted without going back to the actual thread! The horror!

PM's my friend. It's the way of the future!
cool.gif

Yeah, okay.

Originally Posted by Cujet

BITOG is a wonderful forum platform, probably the best on the net. It's simple, uncluttered, fast and easy to use. Unlike more modern offerings.

thumbsup2.gif

[Linked Image]

I guess that I'm not getting your problem. When I'm on here, all unread threads are in bold and the ones I've read are not. I've never had an instance where it was not in bold if I hadn't read it or it has been updated. It even shows the number of replies with the number of new replies in parenthesis. I like the site the way it is, but I guess that's the gen x'r in me.
coffee2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I see lots of whiners but no ones offering up any money LOL

You mean like me? $12/year isn't much, but I'm just one person.

I'd pay $24/year if they formatted this site like NASIOC.com, which offers a control panel that ONLY populates a list of threads that you have subscribed to (or posted in), which has had a new post since you last logged in. THAT is one simple feature that should be worth exploring.

NASIOC Pic.jpg

NASIOC Pic 2.jpg

Originally Posted by HemiBenny

[Linked Image]

I guess that I'm not getting your problem. When I'm on here, all unread threads are in bold and the ones I've read are not. I've never had an instance where it was not in bold if I hadn't read it or it hasn't been updated. It even shows the number of replies with the number of new replies in parenthesis. I like the site the way it is, but I guess that's the gen x'r in me.
coffee2.gif

Mine usually do but often I log in and get redirected to the category I was recently looking at and boom, no bold font and no red letter in parenthesis and it acts as if I'm all caught up when in fact I'm nowhere near.

Also, it is full of SPAM.
15.gif

Just to clear up any possible misunderstanding of my first post.................. I meant the other forums, not BITOG, are full of spam.

No one commented on it, so guess they saw what I meant.

I used to be a regular on other forums that adopted their new format. Sadly, I don't frequent them much any more.

I do this for relaxation and information, not frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back