Thinking of cutting cable and streaming....

My current plan is DirecTV stream and AT&T 1/2 gig fiber internet. $125 for both. I could save $20 with Sling but I use the leverage of having 2 accounts with them to my advantage every couple of years. When you have the stability of fiber, streaming has 4K capability on many sources. Nice.
The Amazon prime football is in 4K and its impressive. Streaming is uber stable on fiber setups.

My streaming is uber stable on 80/10mbps VDSL.
My previous service was 25 Mbps and could get glitchy. When my WiFi analyzer reads in the 80 mbps range it is not glitchy at all. Above 50 or 60 Mbps is what it really makes it better.

My previous service was 25 Mbps and could get glitchy. When my WiFi analyzer reads in the 80 mbps range it is not glitchy at all. Above 50 or 60 Mbps is what it really makes it better.
Its all in having a router that is properly setup using some sort of QOS/SQM traffic management. I can have 3 HD/4k streams, work from home Teams and VPN, gaming, and normal web traffic and it is rock solid. Most people don't need all the bandwidth that they have.

Back