Thinking of a Jawa 350 - 640... with possibly 32:1 premix; Will it Smoke a Lot on a Synthetic 2 Cycle Oil?

they make low smoke oil, in 32 to 1 you will never see any smoke and little smoke at 24 to 1. It does wear a bit more, but so does 40 or 50 to 1 over 24 to 1 Probably a wash. And there is castor oil, great smell and little smoke.

The 500 single 4 cycle on alcohol with castor or Bean oil! Put it on the speedway flat track, it will smoke at 24 to 1 but the smell.... The smell, its like Victory! Oh, no brakes by the way. They are not allowed on the track!

Recalling my 2 stroke days a couple of things come to mind that no one mentioned... the higher the oil to gas ratio is good for the bearing but comes with an increase in combustion temps because oil is an concentration of energy... also to keep the smoke to minimum flush away the accumulation of oil that collects over time in the exhaust pipes... you may find the best smokeless oil to burn but if the exhaust is oiled up inside you still going to produce the dreaded smoke...
250HuskyElMirage.JPG

So did you get the Jawa? I see them pop up now and again. Always wanted one. Being in Canada I’d probably run it on Shell Advance Ultra oil.

Not related, but I bought a cheap Chinese 62 CC chain saw on Amazon. And it calls for a 24:1 gas oil ratio. I run it a bit richer at 20:1, and it smokes very little. That said, chain saws operate under a heavy load, and run very hot.

So did you get the Jawa? I see them pop up now and again. Always wanted one. Being in Canada I’d probably run it on Shell Advance Ultra oil.
'Real old thread, I know.... but no, I have not gotten one. I am re-exploring getting one, though. Will advise if I am successful. I know a fellow in Slovakia, and he may have some leads. They are pre-occupied, no doubt with horrible happenings in Europe, these days, but I may enquire. I also know that it is (I believe) Czech Republic where these Jawa's are mfr'd (not Slovakia), but all the same...

Back