Thicker oil makes more HP?

Gotta be straight with you bro, I am NOT wasting time with another hypo 20-30 minute video. If you are all about a single run, and I agree it could be interesting, give us a TIME STAMP or time started vid link

Sorry I am NOT trying to be offensive, it's from my gut, heart, head.

Pablo Out
No mention of your lawn ? 😎

The bore hone has very fine valleys where the oil clings - a range of viscosities obviously holds and seals - just look at mix out there …
YT has to split some hair - then send it here for another split …

That show is a joke. They intentionally do things in ways that give controversial results. This episode was a prime example. The engine they used was a worn out marine engine with thick 5/64th rings. Of course the higher viscosity helped the rings seal. Someone recently in a FB drag racing group, following what he thought to be gospel from this episode, went from VR1 10W-30 to VR1 20W-50 in his (healthy) ~600 HP 383ci SBC. He lost 8 HP and couldn't understand why his engine was struggling to crank in 10°F weather.

NASCAR engine builders have forgotten more than us BITOG crowd ever thought they knew. They don’t operate on myths.
I'm not saying they don't qualify and race on as thin of oil they can get away with. I'm saying they race on the same oil as they qualify with they don't change anymore form qualifying to race day.

NASCAR quailifing laps are run with thinner oil than race oil. Why?

Power! They run a 0W-5 for qualifying, banking on the oil not getting hot enough in the qualifying run to cause an issue. They run 0W-16 for the race.

As of Daytona earlier this year, they still do this.

NASCAR engine builders have forgotten more than us BITOG crowd ever thought they knew. They don’t operate on myths.
Maybe. They might know a lot more about their engines, they know more than you or I do. But you don't know some of the people here anymore that we know what tribologists they have on staff.

But please answer my question AND give the links for everything you posted, including an estimated HP gain.

Maybe. They might know a lot more about their engines, they know more than you or I do. But you don't know some of the people here anymore that we know what tribologists they have on staff.

But please answer my question AND give the links for everything you posted, including an estimated HP gain.
It shows on quicker lap times Hoss. What else do you need to know here…?

It shows on quicker lap times Hoss. What else do you need to know here…?
Not surprised. I want to see some numbers, I mean not exactly like the cornball video, but HP gain. Or how much quicker? Is it all because oil?

Qualifying in most motor sports is vehicle on track, no slipstream, no impediments. It's different, and engine might be a bit cooler.

No sanctioned racing body is immune to myths and misinformation, including NASCAR. There's some teams who still believe "oil is oil" and think chewing up a $4,500 gear set every race is just "the cost of racing." I know of one team who came in running 15W-50 with Bryant cranks and .0018" bearing clearance and couldn't seem to figure out why they were struggling to complete a race without cooking a bearing or two.

Not surprised. I want to see some numbers, I mean not exactly like the cornball video, but HP gain. Or how much quicker? Is it all because oil?

Qualifying in most motor sports is vehicle on track, no slipstream, no impediments. It's different, and engine might be a bit cooler.
I see. You are an “authority” on all things oil and performance engine technology. Even more so than Keith Dorton. You could be making a cool million a year with a career change!

Back