These are getting more rare every day

Love your does and does not have list, but gotta pass on NO CRUISE CONTROL!

I didn’t realize cars still came without it. Maybe it make sense on a low-powered vehicle with a 6MT, though.

Are there any MTs out there that will resume cruise if you shift?

Last edited:
I was sooo close to getting one. Still might in the future. I love the simple practicality and the boxy shape.

Congrats!

Ive had a soul for rental more than once. Older versions. They were ok. New one looks nicer.

I doubt that Hyundai/Kia would “take over” Honda, but they could overtake them in sales.

The issues with the C.V.T. , I.S.G. and other troubles are keeping us from getting a new SOUL . The new lower end SOULS do not get a cargo cover . Not cheap and have to install yourself . Silly move , since the VENUE gets the cover standard .

Last edited:
Giving up a pickup seems to be downright un-American. Or un-weekend-warrior. Who is going to say "nice truck" now?
Guess what else is unAmerican? not keeping up with the Jones, not having a huge debt to pay for on a truck, not having to a high mpg, and have nothing in the bed to use the truck for.

Seriously, you do not NEED a pick up truck in most cases. The real useful vehicle for home maintenance is a van, get a van instead (which Kia Soul is similar to). Most of the time you need a locked cargo area, for something that is big and not too heavy. You can usually add a roof rack to tie things to the top to compensate for the lack of a bed for something long.

My parents take care of 5 properties (2 of them quadplex, 3 single family homes) and they are doing very well with a Mazda 5. When they need a bed to haul big item most pick up truck won't fit anyways (most are crew cab instead of extended bed), so they end up finding someone on criagslist to move it for them. This only happened about once every 3 years.

6 speed Manual - Nice! I drove a stick as a daily driver for 25 yrs. My new Accord is a CVT only because trying to sell a car with a stick is almost impossible - there is no market for them.
I sold our 6MT Accord Sport in about 24 hours, posted it while out of state getting the TourX, had a buyer before we were even back to Utah. There are some stick buyers left.

Yes you must unlock with the key in the door. It has power locks though, twist the key and all locks drop down (or up when unlocking). No push button start either, you gotta put the key in the steering column cylinder to fire it off.
As far as the manual trans and it’s trade in hit, I bought the car for me, not the next owner. I’ll be driving it for a long time if it holds up as well as the soul owners on this forum. On the subject of ride comfort this car has a pretty tall sidewall so it rides quite well, nicely damped.
I bought a 2019 Ford Fiesta that has a 5-speed and manual windows, but it has power locks. I think they all have to have them because of a safety mandate that the doors all lock above a certain speed. It also has a backup camera but no cruise control.

I bought a used steering wheel with the cruise buttons with the intention of activating the cruise control but with Covid I’ve done so little driving I haven’t gone to the trouble of installing it yet.

I figure by the time I buy my next car I won’t be able to find a manual transmission anywhere.

Guess what else is unAmerican? not keeping up with the Jones, not having a huge debt to pay for on a truck, not having to a high mpg, and have nothing in the bed to use the truck for.

Seriously, you do not NEED a pick up truck in most cases. The real useful vehicle for home maintenance is a van, get a van instead (which Kia Soul is similar to). Most of the time you need a locked cargo area, for something that is big and not too heavy. You can usually add a roof rack to tie things to the top to compensate for the lack of a bed for something long.

My parents take care of 5 properties (2 of them quadplex, 3 single family homes) and they are doing very well with a Mazda 5. When they need a bed to haul big item most pick up truck won't fit anyways (most are crew cab instead of extended bed), so they end up finding someone on criagslist to move it for them. This only happened about once every 3 years.
I would have to agree. A minivan is probably a more useful and practical tool for most suburban homeowners who do not partake in outdoor activities or towing. This is coming from someone who has owned a 1/2 truck for the last 7 months.

Nice! I love "base" cars without all the frills... They allow a person to focus on the drive rather than getting all caught-up in the "trinkets" and button etc. My 2008 Sportage is such a good car... KIA is killing Honda and rightly so, they are willing to try new things. Honda takes two years to add a cup holder for example. Overrated for sure.

I used to think that too, but, at least in my area, even on the expressway or tollway, I can't really get use out of it anyway. If the road's not under construction, there is enough traffic in the way that I never get full use out of it. Half of my fleet has it, the other doesn't, and I honestly can't tell you the last time I activated cruise control.
I think the biggest waste of a feature on any ride is cruise as I won't bother with it driving any vehicle in any condition. I let my foot/eyes be my control as it dominates all else. Of course the old school people will go on and on with 'well, if you use cruise control you will never get a speeding ticket!'... yeah lmao on that as I've been driving 35 yrs and have yet to have one.

My oldest daughter has a 2015 2.0 purchased new. Other than a bad AC line (bad part) that was replaced almost immediately, it's just shy of 80k now without a single repair. Been an excellent car for her.

Who cares what anybody NEEDS.
Really when you get right down to if you have two functioning feet you could get around on foot or by bicycle.
Not picking on anyone but so what if someone has a blaster pickup that never had anything in the back heavier than an empty mcdonald's bag.

Who cares what anybody NEEDS.
Really when you get right down to if you have two functioning feet you could get around on foot or by bicycle.
Not picking on anyone but so what if someone has a blaster pickup that never had anything in the back heavier than an empty mcdonald's bag.
So true. I have zero need for my truck Everything i may need to haul can be hauled easier with my Savana cargo van. I just keep it around for fun and a few recreational trips. I guess i dont need my golf either. I could drive my van to work, its not that far. I certainly wont need the next car i buy in the future either.

I never used to like pickup trucks 'till i had one as an assigned co. vehicle. I do like 'em and i'd have a gm / chev full sized crew cab shortbox with v6 + 4x4 if i had the $... but i do not, so... Pickups like that are the new domestic full sized sedan of today. I believe that electric units will be the go-to vehicle of in-city or suburban folks soon enough.

Nice! I love "base" cars without all the frills... They allow a person to focus on the drive rather than getting all caught-up in the "trinkets" and button etc. My 2008 Sportage is such a good car... KIA is killing Honda and rightly so, they are willing to try new things. Honda takes two years to add a cup holder for example. Overrated for sure.
So true re base vehicle trims. From a guy who has a base Mazda6 with 6mt. Value leader... Drives nice...

So true. I have zero need for my truck Everything i may need to haul can be hauled easier with my Savana cargo van. I just keep it around for fun and a few recreational trips. I guess i dont need my golf either. I could drive my van to work, its not that far. I certainly wont need the next car i buy in the future either.
For me a vehicle is somewhat a toy. I 'never really outgrew liking toys ☺.

Back