These are getting more rare every day

I don’t have much use for my f150 anymore. Living in a new house I no longer have to tote all the stuff necessary to shore up my 105 year old house. The Ford really stuffs our 2 car garage too.
So without further ado here’s the solution to the problem⬇️⬇️⬇️ This base 2021 Kia Soul has a 6 speed manual, port fuel injection 2.0 liter 4 cylinder. It doesn’t have : auto stop/start, cylinder deactivation or rev hang. It also doesn’t have keyless entry or cruise control. It does have A/C and a very good radio (for base model) that has apple car play etc. I’m amazed at how much thought went into the design. The interior is very nice, not what you’d expect in a base car at all. Panel gaps are spot on and the paint is perfect (which I can’t say about my Ford). It steers, stops and rides well. Interior is quiet. The gear box is smooth even in cool weather. My note went from $488 to $188 with zero % financing. It does have hub caps; that may seem like a step down but one thing is for sure: come new tire time there’s no nice wheels to ruin. It also doesn’t have a sunroof which I love, for me simplicity is the key. It also has no problem keeping up with traffic, in fact coming home from the dealer I had to watch my speed, I was always 10 over. 5/60 bumper to bumper and 10 year 100,000 mile warranty just ices the cake. Made in Korea, not Mexico.
Honda needs to watch out, Kia / Hyundai are looking to take them over and if this base car is any indication, they’ll do it.
830BE287-8335-4E8D-9D02-CCBD84D4F2EB.jpeg

I've had four Kias including my '17 Soul and a Hyundai, all with almost no problems. Think your Soul has about the same interior space as a Seltos and is considerably larger than a Hyundai Kona. I'm happier with my Soul than any other car I've owned and I'm old and have had a bunch of 'em.

At least it doesn’t have keyless entry that’s one less thing to go wrong. I’d have totally kept the Ford though. I wish I had a garage at home for all my 7 cars lol I’m going to make the carport into a makeshift garage for now.

I down sized from a loaded JEEP Gladiator to a GMC Canyon Elavation. Extended cab 2wd, 2.5/6 speed, power windows, locks, AM/FM/Sirus, just a nice base truck. So a new 2021 truck and enough cash to knock off 2.5 years of house payments. Got to have a little truck but that KIA right there would be my second choice for sure.

6 speed Manual - Nice! I drove a stick as a daily driver for 25 yrs. My new Accord is a CVT only because trying to sell a car with a stick is almost impossible - there is no market for them.

No cruise control? Sorry, I could not deal with that. But all to their own, your money, your ride. enjoy.
I thought about that too, but recently I drove a rental van from Bisbee Az to Houston Tx with no cruise control and it wasn’t that bad. This thing will be used mostly around town. The discomfort of no cruise is well covered by the joys of no cylinder deactivation, auto stop/start or direct injection.

When you say "no keyless entry" do you mean you have to use a key to unlock the doors or do you just mean it doesn't use a fob and push button for starting rather than a key? I didn't think any cars came without remotes for unlocking the doors anymore.

I’ve had a couple Kia Soul rentals. They ride like garbage. Nothing to write home about. Congrats though, sounds like you like it.

Rented a Soul for around Branson last year.. no complaints at all. Was a blast in corners. I think it was a higher option model with the bigger wheel/tire combo though.

I’ve had a couple Kia Soul rentals. They ride like garbage. Nothing to write home about. Congrats though, sounds like you like it.

Consumers Reports complains about the Souls ride quality. But the OP lives in AZ where the roads are much better than say the New England states.
The Soul is a VERY useful little car being a hatchback.

I got a Soul as a rental once. Engine actually felt good and handling was okay, but it's interior was trash and the lack of AWD kills it.

Back