The side mirror mounting bolts broke off from the housing, how to fix it?

The side mirror mounting bolts of the 2006 Sentra came undone from the housing. Any advice on how it can be fixed? The mirror is functional.

side mirror.jpg
lac

The replacement mirror is cheap. I would just buy the replacement mirror if I could get in the color but the power mirrors are black only. I would like to avoid going through the painting business (not my forte).

Any advice is welcome.

rust needs fixed too but its a 2006 so id say its not "bad" for that.
JB weld might work whats the mirror side look like?
you can always go with a black mirror housing a 2006 nissan around here would be lucky to have 2 mirrors.

Thank you, folks. I will get JB Weld and do the project over the weekend.

This breaking is actually a blessing in disguise. The car has underbody rust, near wheel wells etc. Being in the NE, that is expected, but I didn't expect to see the rust behind the side mirror. At what point would you consider rust to be a safety hazard i.e. affects the structural integrity of the vehicle?

The replacement mirror is cheap. I would just buy the replacement mirror if I could get in the color but the power mirrors are black only. I would like to avoid going through the painting business (not my forte).

Any advice is welcome.
But two replacement mirrors in black. No paint required, and they will look nicer.

As an alternate, can you post the inside of the mirror part (the other side where it's broken)?

Yeah, I would try some sort of glue first, after removing the rust.

As an alternate, can you post the inside of the mirror part (the other side where it's broken)?

The 3 holes where the bolts sit. That region is made of some kind of plastic with a rubber overlay covering that area.

side mirror2.jpg

I loosed the rubber overlay and it looks like the following picture underneath. The holes with an 'X' marked are abt an inch deep and the 3rd one is about a cm deep. The head of the bolts is of socket type (but without socket) abt half a cm tall.

side mirror 3.png

Back