The new Sportster 883 is out and it is ...ummm... 975.

I don't hate it and I don't love it, I agree the engine is not beautiful, but overall it retains a recognizable "Sportster" vibe with a big jump is technology and performance, which is pretty much what they were going for I am sure.

Some pretty cool stuff in a Harley video form customizers, but not a good enough look at them, particularly the black and yellow one... two of the customs defiantly have a flat track vibe to me.

Definitely a step in the right direction for H-D. While on rides over the years, some of us would swap bikes until our next stop and I had an opportunity to try out a Sportster. I couldn't wait to get off that thing. There was nothing "sport" about it. Good to see an American brand upping their game.

Few more thoughts.

I'm with the German chic - the motor looks better black.
As with most new bikes - whoever is first to market with an attractive exhaust will make a mint (save the hate mail, it doesn't need to be loud, just not ugly).
I hope there is a delete kit for that nacelle and a decent windshield accessory.
Will there be a Scraming Eagle Stage 2 1250 kit?

I feel like this kinda moves away from what makes a Harley worth owning. Nobody buys a sportster for its 1/4 mile performance. It’s about thumping around on a noisy, slow, classic looking bike that gives you all kinds of mechanical feedback. People who want a fast, smooth, refined bike buy Hondas.

I feel like this kinda moves away from what makes a Harley worth owning. Nobody buys a sportster for its 1/4 mile performance. It’s about thumping around on a noisy, slow, classic looking bike that gives you all kinds of mechanical feedback. People who want a fast, smooth, refined bike buy Hondas.

I don't entirely disagree, though even new traditional sportsters are much more refined than the older ones, better brakes, better fueling and so forth...

The MoCo had to do something though, the current EVO won't pass Euro emissions...

I do like this better than the Sportster S.

Harleys are adult minibikes. Harleys are my favorite looking bikes . I would buy a Japanese sport bike though.

9000 RPM? From a Harley V-twin?

But still 20W-50, right?

For comparison, the Suzuki V storm 1000 has a 100x66 bore/stroke and 9200 rpm redline. The Harley is right there with a 97x66 bore/stroke. It's not the brand it's the engine design, but I get where the question is coming from. Harley seemingly wants to offer something that folks besides those interested in the Harley brand lifestyle would want to own. Something to show they are willing to move of from "Harley Davidson, mastering the art of tuning dinosaurs into noise for almost 120 years", or something like that.

Probably old poptarts like me like the old engine look of Harley,,,now my 96 Sportster is not fast, but it runs well and 90 is about all I take it to from time to time. Im 76, but my grandsons in their twentys love it,,PS one of them has a Honda rebel 500, but he wants to ride the Harley, so does his girlfriend,,,go figure..they love the sound, it doesnt sound like a bumble bee on steroids, imho.

It's a global market HD. Engine and size fit the EU buyers taste and the ''upscale'' HD brand denotes the price.
Gotta sell bikes to stay in business every where.

Back