The joy of winter returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
1607080_641546989214375_1878189428_n.jpg

atlanta-650x331.jpeg

atl-snow14.jpg

I am very surprised that storm didn't hit northern Indiana. Normally anything that the east coast gets, we at least get a sample of here.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Heat bills and frozen pipes are about my least favorite part of winter.

Hands down, the thick 'salt soup' on the roads (and ALL OVER/UNDER my car), and the car eating CRATERS, are my least favorite parts of this current, over-zealous season.
mad.gif

I don't want to say the potholes are bad, but one of the tires on my Dakota moved almost 2" on the rim!

Currently 52 degrees here in sunny Central Florida. Suppose to drop to a bone chilling 36 tonight. It is windy and our power flickered this morning, but we're toughing it out.

Another four inches of nice powder Saturday morning, 2/15 with 15F at the start of the day.
Naturally I had to go in to work for four hours since it was my assigned day in the rotation for duty.
No problems on the roads and 30F by afternoon.
Minor snow Saturday and Sunday with temperatures around 10F this morning.
We're getting freezing rain now with some thunder and lightening.
Apparently a warm layer has overrun the surface air and the snow pack is keeping surface temperatures down.
The forecast calls for above freezing temps by midnight with much warmer temps through the week, peaking at over 50F on Thursday, with the possibility of severe thunderstorms.
The joy of the season goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back