The great mattress scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Mattresses are a huge rip-off.

Funny thing though....people will still think they need to pay nearly a thousand or more for a decent one.

Per our usual bitog membership, what follows will be a plethora of "my mattress is best" posts and "you spend X number of years in bed....so why not spend X number of dollars".

Then I bet it gets your panties in a twist when I say that we've had a sleep number bed for somewhere around 15 years now. It's just as comfortable as it was when we purchased it, and both my wife and I sleep extremely well. I haven't had to hack it open or replace anything.

And yes, back then we paid more than $1,000 for it. And since it's wearing quite well, I don't see us getting rid of it for many years. Chances are it has already outlived several of your cheapie mattresses and will outlive at least one or two more. It also provided us with a better night's sleep to boot.

Ha ha ha....there ya go!

You have fulfilled my prophecy!

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Mattresses are a huge rip-off.

Funny thing though....people will still think they need to pay nearly a thousand or more for a decent one.

Per our usual bitog membership, what follows will be a plethora of "my mattress is best" posts and "you spend X number of years in bed....so why not spend X number of dollars".

Then I bet it gets your panties in a twist when I say that we've had a sleep number bed for somewhere around 15 years now. It's just as comfortable as it was when we purchased it, and both my wife and I sleep extremely well. I haven't had to hack it open or replace anything.

And yes, back then we paid more than $1,000 for it. And since it's wearing quite well, I don't see us getting rid of it for many years. Chances are it has already outlived several of your cheapie mattresses and will outlive at least one or two more. It also provided us with a better night's sleep to boot.

+1. Double twist with a round of wedgie thrown in for good measure.

Since you fellas seem to be fixated on mens undergarments and mattresses.....maybe you should both go find one to share?

Very, very interesting....thanks for posting. This is a great idea and a solution for the $$$'s spent. I thought it very odd with all the mattress stores opening up across from each other suddenly. One on every corner? What's up with that?

My Simmons BeautyRest is several years old now, but still comfortable. I'm going to remember this information when it comes time to refit.

Originally Posted By: Cadenza
Tempurpedics can be very supportive, but rarely are they soft. In fact, in cooler weather they can be fairly stiff. They will also hold in large amounts of warmth in all seasons. Had two of them over twenty five years. We now sleep on a flippable 11inch latex mattress. It is the most comfortable we've had.

Thanks for the insight! All the cons you mentioned about them would probably make me hate having one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back