The current state of the EV industry.

It sure is, one word Hybrid. The muskrat is going to be in deep doo doo if that becomes the preferred standard, I can get behind that. I mean he can always make Tesla E bikes.
Hybrids are great; Toyota makes the best. I have one. They are a great fit for many use cases. They have been popular here in CA since day 1 due to our crazy high energy costs. They make a lotta sense.
One of the problems with hybrids is their complexity; they are a combination of ICE and EV. The simplicity of the electric drivetrain has its advantages. In 5 years I have added blue warsher fluid to the Tesla while the RX450h has been back for recalls and scheduled services.

The Model 3 12v battery was dying, so Tesla came out and swapped it for $110 or $120 all in. I swapped the RX battery with an Interstate AGM from Costco for about $150.

My Lexus dealership (I've bought 4 cars there) told me when Lexus builds a 300+ mile range electric SUV they will sell like crazy and Tesla will stop taking their business. Their customers are asking for them.

All the major companies are chasing Elon and Tesla.

Imho, with govs pushing for lower use of fossil fuel burning power plants and rather expensive solar and wind ones as well as greater electricity consumption caused by EVs we'll see electricity prices going up.
On the other hand, with petro-dollar upcoming collapse oil will cost relatively less, also due to somewhat lower vehicle use demand so gas will cost less.

Hybrids are great; Toyota makes the best.
Actually I think that PHEVs are the way to go. Naturally Toyota makes the best of these as well. My humble Ford C-Max Energi performs like an EV for daily driving needs ten months out of the year. Meanwhile I can get in and drive 500 miles nonstop on the Interstate should I need to. It's like having an EV most of the time but a traditional ICE vehicle for road trips. Actually it's better than that because the strong hybrid system contributes a lot on highway ventures as well. It augments the ICE going uphill and recaptures energy going downhill.

It sure is, one word Hybrid. The muskrat is going to be in deep doo doo if that becomes the preferred standard, I can get behind that. I mean he can always make Tesla E bikes.

People are getting well sick and tired of these over zealous green idiots and are demanding change and putting these lunatics out. No sane person want dirty air or dirty water, plastic in the worlds oceans etc but it is not about that anymore, it probably never was.
I get what you mean, but it's going to be hard to walk back and I don't know that I support walking it back myself. Slowing it, sure. Winding back? Absolutely not.

Back