The Cheapest Rimfire You'll Ever Find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
The local WalMart has 550round Federal 36gr .22LR boxes for $19.94 or about 3.6 cents per round. So the above may not be the cheapest.

I typically don't use Federal 36gr, but I'm about to try it.

Federal 22LR has always worked good for me.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: billt460
https://mailchi.mp/centerfiresystems/051918_a22hvhp?e=10d1ac6a9f

.04 cents a round!...... (That's just 20 cents a brick!) I just ordered 4 cases, (20,000 rounds). I'm still waiting on shipping confirmation, so I can send the check. They're not kidding, that really is cheaper than a gumball!

2,500 rounds for $104.99...

That's 4.2 CENTS per round, or $0.042 per round.

Finding someone who makes the same mistake as you doesn't make either of you correct.

Just on general principle, I wouldn't order from folks that don't know the difference between cents and dollars. Every day I pass a little deli on my way to work. They advertise breakfast sandwiches for $1.99. Add any meat for .50 cents. I won't stop there.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Cujet
The local WalMart has 550round Federal 36gr .22LR boxes for $19.94 or about 3.6 cents per round. So the above may not be the cheapest.

I typically don't use Federal 36gr, but I'm about to try it.

Federal 22LR has always worked good for me.

Yes outside of match ammo the expensive stuff even my Anschutz likes it.

Don't own any .22 bullet hoses so cheap ammo doesn't interest me much. CCI standard velocity 40 gr. is OK.

Never ran out of .22 and never stopped shooting. Good to know prices keep dropping though.

Sounds like most here would choke at $6/box .22 ammo much less $20/box.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Don't own any .22 bullet hoses so cheap ammo doesn't interest me much. CCI standard velocity 40 gr. is OK.

Never ran out of .22 and never stopped shooting. Good to know prices keep dropping though.

Sounds like most here would choke at $6/box .22 ammo much less $20/box.

Winchester subsonic hollow points and CCI blue box both shoot to the same 50m point in all my .22s, so that does me.

Bought a few pricey boxes on my last indoor range day, and they don't make enough difference to warrant anything more than the $75 a brick that the two mentioned go for.

I once did some fiddling making a rim thickness guage, and sorted ammo based on rim thickness. Helps groups, doesn't help the overall shoot, as you have to burn all of them eventually anyway.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
:sigh: scrap bins full of exotic alloys due to not understanding the decimal system, and getting it wrong every time.

Not my words cupcake. It's a direct cut and paste.

Sorry cupcake We're not talking about gumballs. We're talking about rimfire priced at $2 bucks a brick..... or.... Wait for it....... .04¢ PER ROUND Just like the ad says. But feel free to buy your gumballs anywhere you choose.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Just on general principle, I wouldn't order from folks that don't know the difference between cents and dollars. Every day I pass a little deli on my way to work. They advertise breakfast sandwiches for $1.99. Add any meat for .50 cents. I won't stop there.

How do you know they, "don't know the difference"? Go in there and prove it. Order a breakfast sandwich with meat. See if they'll let you out the door for less than $2.50. If they do, hurry back to your computer and order some of this 20 cent a brick rimfire.

Just because they can't properly write prices on the window doesn't mean they can't make delicious breakfast sandwiches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back