The Best synthetic motor oil - 2013 Nissan Maxima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic
IS there still a footnote in the owner's manual with a suggestion for Genuine Nissan Ester Oil?

I believe there is, or at least on some shop's computers. Canadian Tire claimed they couldn't change the oil on my employee's new Versa because they don't have the proper oil. They did her a favour by sending her away. The dealer wanted to do a wallet flush because she was 2,000 km over the severe service interval (it's a brand new car, like it really needs a flush), but she was smart enough to tell them to pound sand on that. At least they didn't try to sell her ester oil.

I think 5w30 is still recommended for this engine? Therefore, just pick a big brand synthetic in 5w30 (or whatever the recommendation is). Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum/Ultra, etc. would all be fine.

Most conventional would be fine too, but like you, I'd use synthetic.

If it wasn't for warranty, I'd use Mobil 1 0w40, but during warranty, 5 years for Engine probably on a Nissan, I would use the official recommended oil and keep good records.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dwight_Frye
That's the VQ engine correct ? They are hard on oil and run hot. If you can find 05-W30 which is probably what your manual suggests Pennzoil Ultra you would be well served.

huh?

Originally Posted By: sasha

Originally Posted By: Dwight_Frye
That's the VQ engine correct ? They are hard on oil and run hot. If you can find 05-W30 which is probably what your manual suggests Pennzoil Ultra you would be well served.

huh?

What's so confusing about that post? As a previous VQ owner, I can tell you the same sort of thing. The VQ engine is like a meat grinder. It shears oils faster than most engines, and typically runs higher oil temperatures than comparable motors in other competitor vehicles. Nothing too complicated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back