That's some service! (New Central AC...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Goodman units are made by Daikin which is made in Asia.
Daikin is a Japanese company, the same as Honda, Toyota, and Subaroo.
Indeed; Japan is part of Asia.
I'm not convinced that Goodman is the black sheep of the HVAC industry that it might have been 20 years ago.
Perhaps not a black sheep, but my son works for Goodman and there are a few things they need to improve to be consider "first line"--SEER; they are not very efficient. Noise; most scroll compressors are loud, but Goodman is significantly louder and it increases with age. Reliability; their control systems fail fairly frequently as do their capacitors and the like.

With that said, Daikin/Goodman is not junk, but I would definitely shy away from their lower end systems. **Sometimes**, you get what you pay for.

Goodman units are made by Daikin which is made in Asia.
Daikin is a Japanese company, the same as Honda, Toyota, and Subaroo.
Indeed; Japan is part of Asia.
I'm not convinced that Goodman is the black sheep of the HVAC industry that it might have been 20 years ago.
Perhaps not a black sheep, but my son works for Goodman and there are a few things they need to improve to be consider "first line"--SEER; they are not very efficient. Noise; most scroll compressors are loud, but Goodman is significantly louder and it increases with age. Reliability; their control systems fail fairly frequently as do their capacitors and the like.

With that said, Daikin/Goodman is not junk, but I would definitely shy away from their lower end systems. **Sometimes**, you get what you pay for.

Goodman doesn't make their own compressors they buy them from Copeland like many other AC companies.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Goodman doesn't make their own compressors they buy them from Copeland like many other AC companies.
I will have to check into that--I am fairly certain that Daikin makes their compressors. Unless, of course, Daikin buys them from Copeland.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
I will have to check into that--I am fairly certain that Daikin makes their compressors. Unless, of course, Daikin buys them from Copeland.

My Goodman came with a sticker that proclaimed it was using a Copeland scroll. Rheem and Lennox also use Copeland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back