TGMO Outrageous Price

I've been using exclusively TGMO in my 2010 RAV4, 4-cylinder almost since new. There are currently 315,000 km on the clock. For several years it was an absolute bargain - by far the lowest cost synthetic 0w-20. The price has crept up for the last few years but now is on a full sprint to raise the price as high as possible! I paid $16.99/L today compared to $9.99/L in July of last year. Outrageous!

I'll be switching over to Canadian Tire synthetic at the next oil change. It looks like there are at least two house-brand full synthetics from Cdn Tire - Full Synthetic, and OEPLUS. I don't know what the differences are but will likely go with the lower-cost option since my OCI is a relatively short 10,000 km.

Ian

Seems to be a popular discussion:

Ok it's $$$. Many other options just as good or maybe better. Use your purse to vote to the contrary. Not understanding the ***** here? What is it you seek by posting the cost of TGMO oil here? I was a SuperTech 5-30 fan at $17 a 5qt jug but it went to $21 and I wasn't so enamored anymore. That's life. Move on.

Or simply pay the premium for what you seem to feel is a worthwhile oil. Complaining here will not lower the cost.

These are going on sale tomorrow. Pick a 0w20 and run with it. TGMO isn't any better.

1678316646774.jpg

I don't have a link to the pennzoil because the sale starts friday. Just go to the Canadian tire website friday and look through the synthetic oils. There is always a quality synthetic on sale. Castrol, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Motomaster...they just rotate through and one is always on sale.

This one will goes on sale every couple of months for about $30cdn/5l bottle and the data sheet matches Quaker State's offerings.

1678317691462.jpg

I've been using exclusively TGMO in my 2010 RAV4, 4-cylinder almost since new. There are currently 315,000 km on the clock. For several years it was an absolute bargain - by far the lowest cost synthetic 0w-20. The price has crept up for the last few years but now is on a full sprint to raise the price as high as possible! I paid $16.99/L today compared to $9.99/L in July of last year. Outrageous!

I'll be switching over to Canadian Tire synthetic at the next oil change. It looks like there are at least two house-brand full synthetics from Cdn Tire - Full Synthetic, and OEPLUS. I don't know what the differences are but will likely go with the lower-cost option since my OCI is a relatively short 10,000 km.

Ian
You may wish to consider Walmart SuperTech Full Synthetic oil. Its sold for $19.98 (in US Dollars) for a 5 quart jug, which is only $4 per quart. There are a lot of posts on BITOG about this oil. It's very respected here. It's the only oil I use. It's marketed as a 10k mile oil. Why pay more?

Ian
What about super tech
It's 28 for 5 liters of syn

Ian
As long as it is certified oil and you do regular oil changes, which you obviously do, your car will never know the difference. Especially with that Toyota engine...

Back