Texas about to do away with auto inspections

Can inspection stations adjust headlights for you?
Technically, they MUST be able to adjust headlight, well I should say, they MUST be able to test the headlight's aim. It is indeed an inspection requirement as far as I know in all states with state inspection. Inspection stations do often blow that part of the inspection off!
But, Yes, an inspection station should be able to adjust them for you!

Technically, they MUST be able to adjust headlight, well I should say, they MUST be able to test the headlight's aim. It is indeed an inspection requirement as far as I know in all states with state inspection. Inspection stations do often blow that part of the inspection off!
But, Yes, an inspection station should be able to adjust them for you!
That would make sense, which means it doesn't happen in NY
As per the inspector MVIR book

(e) Lighting and reflectors. The following are the only lights that must be inspected:
Low beam headlamps (operation only). (Amended 3/5/02)
High beam headlamps (operation only).

Reject if:
Lights can be moved easily by hand due to a
broken fender or loose support, or if a good
ground is not made by mounting.

As long as it's not obviously loose, if it lights, it's good 👍

From what I've heard some States w/o inspections do them on the side of the road randomly? And of course you still gotta pay $7.50 fee. Of course......There are so many bad cars on the road that would never pass as it is.
Drivers will think they are better off till they get tickets for lights out. Will cost a lot more than the inspection would have. How is it in your State?
Most people keep up with their vehicles. As more ev's get registered and older vehicles phased out emissions and inspections aren't really necessary.

Here in Florida, we did away with State “Safety” Inspections back in 1982 (or was it 1972). Best thing Florida ever did. There are no problems with accidents caused by “safety problems “. If you get sropped by an LEO, or even if an LEO stops or parks next to you and sees bad tires, ticket time. If headlight out, or brake light out, ticket time. WE LIKE IT THAT WAY and if you don’t like that, don’t move or visit here.

When I lived in Western New York State, inspections every year. I think that price now is $35 or $40 and they ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING. I used to install a bad windshield wiper for them to ”find” as they have to find something. Another crazy rule is hat inspection had to be done indoors, not outdoors. Inspections just another way to screw the public.

Pennsylvania friends tell me that Pennsylvania no longer fails cars for having rust through holes. They used to fail cars for rust holes there.
Agree. I grew up in Fl where there was no inspection but moved to Va later in life where there is one. I see more burnt out headlights in Va than I ever did in Fl.

Most people here. In the real world at least in my portion not so much. That's why 1 of 13 cars has at least one primary light not working either front or back if not other issues also.
1 in 13 won’t make it through this town - they make lots of money with squad cars …

Back