Test drove a Jeep Grand Wagoneer with the high output 3.0L twin turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only driven the Grand Wagoneer with the 6.4L and the Wagoneer with the 5.7L, haven't had an opportunity to pilot anything with the Hurricane engine yet. I'll be interested to see if there's an SRT version on the horizon.

Street rodders would love to transplant that engine to something lighter. A person better get rid of that vehicle once the warranty runs out but that's true with a lot of vehicles.

More pistons doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll stop quicker. The Escalade V has giant 16.1” front 6 piston Brembo brakes and 13.6” single piston rear Brembo’s and manages to take 2ft longer to stop from 70 than the non V model with “lesser” 4 piston front/single piston rear brakes.
Its brake fade, not one time stopping distance.

According to Edmunds, usually reliable, it weighs 6420# so 1280# people etc. and I believe that's meant to be weight with full fuel and washer reservoirs. For $100k I'd rather have one of the original Grand Wagoneer from Kerrville.

What a huge waste of $$! It drinks gas like crazy, and Jeeps have a terrible dependability record. I suppose at $107k selling price, it will sell ok, as long as our country is afflicted with toxic masculinity, and we have 40+-year-olds with a Junior High School mentality...It seems these Jeeps, Rams and other Hemi-powered vehicles are a symptom of what is wrong with our country. Burn the earth...burn it all down, they say...climate change is just a myth, right?? LOL

What a huge waste of $$! It drinks gas like crazy, and Jeeps have a terrible dependability record. I suppose at $107k selling price, it will sell ok, as long as our country is afflicted with toxic masculinity, and we have 40+-year-olds with a Junior High School mentality...It seems these Jeeps, Rams and other Hemi-powered vehicles are a symptom of what is wrong with our country. Burn the earth...burn it all down, they say...climate change is just a myth, right?? LOL
We can always count on you for your extremely level-headed and not at all biased analysis.

One quibble: you did notice that this vehicle does NOT have the HEMI, right?

Of course that does nothing to dampen delivery of your beautifully sanctimonious trope that deals in utterly delicious stereotypes and doesn't at all leave the reader to infer that its the product of a shallow and deeply jaded juvenile that would be utterly lost without the opportunity to blindly judge and crap all over his neighbours based entirely on what they drive :sneaky:

You rock! (y)

Did they let you test drive it at the test "track" down the street?

We can always count on you for your extremely level-headed and not at all biased analysis.

One quibble: you did notice that this vehicle does NOT have the HEMI, right?

Of course that does nothing to dampen delivery of your beautifully sanctimonious trope that deals in utterly delicious stereotypes and doesn't at all leave the reader to infer that its the product of a shallow and deeply jaded juvenile that would be utterly lost without the opportunity to blindly judge and crap all over his neighbours based entirely on what they drive :sneaky:

You rock! (y)
Yes, there are those who really "need" such vehicles, but most are just garage queens, that rarely tow anything, rarely haul anything, and rarely do more than just transport someone to work and back home.

I prefer not to crap all over our earth...we only have one...as to my neighbors who think climate change is a myth...to bad, so sad.

I've never had an unreliable jeep product, or known anyone who didn't love their jeeps.
My wife had 2 over the years, me 1, daughters all had or have jeeps, friends, employees to.
In the 12 years of owning my jeep wrangler, other than regular maintenance, I had to replace the battery once, 2 light bulbs, front brakes once, new tires, and a windshield washer nozzle got plugged and I used a cutting torch tip cleaner to clear it. When I sold it, told the buyer it would need rear brakes soon.

Yes, there are those who really "need" such vehicles, but most are just garage queens, that rarely tow anything, rarely haul anything, and rarely do more than just transport someone to work and back home.
That in no way addresses the gratuitous use of stereotype you undertook in your post.
I prefer not to crap all over our earth...we only have one...as to my neighbors who think climate change is a myth...to bad, so sad.
So, you being in Illinois, if your neighbour works at Braidwood, Quad Cities or Dresden but drives a Yukon, who is doing more for the environment, them or you?

How does your prius do hauling the boat, utility trailer full of building supplies, load of dirt, rv trailer?

Not everyone can just drive a prius.

I love small cars, especially with a stick shift.

But when its time to get work done, head to the lake, or plow through 3 feet of snow, my ram 3500 diesel is sitting there waiting to get me there, and haul stuff.

My accord is the regular use car, prowler is the fun car, and my boxster is my corner like a happy grinning fool car.

But my ram is the workhorse and needed sometimes to.

Yesterday I put 3000 lbs in the box, and towed a trailer at the same time, it didn't complain at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back