Tesla Stock

The Rock Stars are the ones who bought Tesla for $30 a share at the beginning of 2020, but it’s been dead money for the following three years for anyone who bought and held. I guess now it’s like a stock that rose 60% each year for 4 years. Still pretty good, but not like a 1000% gain in one year like if they sold in 2021.

Last edited:
C0D027DA-3EE0-4A5A-A6DD-3D0B3DDAAFA0.jpeg

Should I bet on the self made richest man in the world and arguably smartest and most high tech industrialist also, or a person with an axe to grind against him? Hmmm, tough decision.
I think his spending a large sum to be able to kick government propaganda purveyors off of Twitter and restoring the First Ammendment might tip the scales in his favor. In the interest of full disclosure, I do have about 1% of my stock portfolio in TSLA.
I don't have an axe to grind. Musk only wants free speech if it's what comes out of his mouth. He's the biggest hypocrite on the planet. Shoot all of his followers are just as bad. More or less a publically traded cult. Most companies don't tolerate repeatedly over promising and under delivering but the Musketeers defend the guy at every turn. Oh and Twitter has lost over half of its value since musk took over. At this rate he said they could be bankrupt before the end of this year. Thats genius?

Oh and Twitter has lost over half of its value since musk took over. At this rate he said they could be bankrupt before the end of this year. Thats genius?
Maybe that's why he renamed it "X", which could signify that something has been removed (ie, it was "X"ed out). 😄

Tesla gets slammed today, Stock mid-day down 7.8%, China Tesla sales fall 19% from a year earlier. Seems to have stabilized at around $187 a share down $15 on the day so far 2:30PM EST

Last edited:
The answer is.... Numbers matter! Every other car company in the world is chasing Tesla.

Not so sure I agree with the twitter stuff, but that's another story. SpaceX and especially Neuralink are my favorites!

Everyone that is, except BYD.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of BYD. But I think they have one thing right, and that is pricing. Elon needs to put his pet project roadster on the back burner, and put the jets on getting that cheaper model to market, that we have heard rumors of.

Stabilized most of the afternoon at down -7% for the day. It's a day trading stock, no way to know what happens tomorrow but no denying its been on a downtrend for the last 2 years and lost 50% of its value. Outlook is important as Wall Street looks forward, so depending on the next quarterly report one will wonder.
With a P/E of now in the 40s vs 90s back then at least we are getting closer to reality however the new reality is it can still be a long way down as Musk has warned to prepare for a very weak 2024. Its fun to watch and at the proper valuation for the industry I dont think it would be a lost cause but that would mean at the current earnings another 50% cut in price... one thing for sure, doesnt matter what I or anyone else says, go with the flow and dont fight the street, (up or down) for the short term anyway.

You truly can't make this up.

"Lawyers who voided Elon Musk's pay as excessive want $6 billion fee"

Everyone that is, except BYD.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of BYD. But I think they have one thing right, and that is pricing. Elon needs to put his pet project roadster on the back burner, and put the jets on getting that cheaper model to market, that we have heard rumors of.
I have no idea what the priorities at Tesla are. But I am pretty sure they can do more than one thing at a time. The Roadster II will be made at Fremont; the Model 2, or whatever they call it, will be built in Austin and the upcoming Monterrey, MX plant.

While Giga Mexico has been delayed; factory ground breaking may be this month. Who the heck knows for sure? It's Elon time...

I have no idea what the priorities at Tesla are. But I am pretty sure they can do more than one thing at a time. The Roadster II will be made at Fremont; the Model 2, or whatever they call it, will be built in Austin and the upcoming Monterrey, MX plant.

While Giga Mexico has been delayed; factory ground breaking may be this month. Who the heck knows for sure? It's Elon time...
Elon has repeatedly stated that the Model 2 or whatever will have to be made in Mexico or it won't be profitable. You can only cut back so far as batteries, and minerals are a traded commodity. The other option was or maybe still is manufacturing in India, but that is a mess setting up business there. I think the Model 3 still costs Tesla roughly $30,000 plus thousand dollars to actually make. Not sure what they plan on leaving out to turn an actual profit on a $25,000 vehicle.

Elon has repeatedly stated that the Model 2 or whatever will have to be made in Mexico or it won't be profitable. You can only cut back so far as batteries, and minerals are a traded commodity. The other option was or maybe still is manufacturing in India, but that is a mess setting up business there. I think the Model 3 still costs Tesla roughly $30,000 plus thousand dollars to actually make. Not sure what they plan on leaving out to turn an actual profit on a $25,000 vehicle.
Tesla has revolutionized manufacturing with innovations like the Giga Press. "Gigafactories" are large-scale manufacturing facilities that use advanced automation and robotics. These factories are more efficient and cost less than traditional manufacturing methods.

The Model 2 will incorporate everything they have learned. Compare that to legacy major car manufacturing that have aging, scattered factories running old software for procurement and operations. Highly labor intensive. It's a logistics nightmare. Did you know the Fremont plant (ex-GM and ex-NUMMI) is the most productive auto plant in America?

According to Musk, the Model 2 will be built in the US at Tesla's Gigafactory in Texas, where the Cybertruck is assembled. The Gigafactory Mexico, which was initially rumored to be the first production site for the Model 2, will be ready after the car's launch, Musk said.

Time will tell how the Model 2 turns out. The Monterrey location was chosen in large part because of its proximity to Austin, and because of a large, educated work force.

Last edited:
Tesla has revolutionized manufacturing with innovations like the Giga Press. "Gigafactories" are large-scale manufacturing facilities that use advanced automation and robotics. These factories are more efficient and cost less than traditional manufacturing methods.

The Model 2 will incorporate everything they have learned. Compare that to legacy major car manufacturing that have aging, scattered factories running old software for procurement and operations. Highly labor intensive. It's a logistics nightmare. Did you know the Fremont plant (ex-GM and ex-NUMMI) is the most productive auto plant in America?

According to Musk, the Model 2 will be built in the US at Tesla's Gigafactory in Texas, where the Cybertruck is assembled. The Gigafactory Mexico, which was initially rumored to be the first production site for the Model 2, will be ready after the car's launch, Musk said.

Time will tell how the Model 2 turns out. The Monterrey location was chosen in large part because of its proximity to Austin, and because of a large, educated work force.
Really So BMW in Spartanburg is inefficient? BMW'S Spartanburg factory is one of the most efficient automotive factories in the world. They are the only factory that DOESN'T have to retool for different market vehicles. I've seen US then Euro spec, then rhd vehicles come down the assembly line one after the other. Tesla can't even do that. Tesla still has higher than average rework after production than other automakers. You make it sound like a autopia of sorts. Tesla engineers paint a very different picture than you say. Even the Muskrat is claiming that employees will need to sleep on the factory floor to make the model 2 happen to avoid "production hell."

Really So BMW in Spartanburg is inefficient? BMW'S Spartanburg factory is one of the most efficient automotive factories in the world. They are the only factory that DOESN'T have to retool for different market vehicles. I've seen US then Euro spec, then rhd vehicles come down the assembly line one after the other. Tesla can't even do that. Tesla still has higher than average rework after production than other automakers. You make it sound like a autopia of sorts. Tesla engineers paint a very different picture than you say. Even the Muskrat is claiming that employees will need to sleep on the factory floor to make the model 2 happen to avoid "production hell."

This is Elon's genius.

It is the ability to convince people that something common and mundane like a car factory is somehow special just because its Tesla doing it.

A good sales person stretches the truth just enough so it is still believable to an average person. If he does it too much it starts sounding absurd.

I thought he went a bit too far when he said he will put people on Mars, but it looks like it has worked.

Tesla taking another hit today (premarket another 2.6%), small one, maybe it will recover.
The German Factory was forced to shut down after suspected arson at the plants power source cut power.
They are having pubic relations issues with local people but this is being linked to a leftest group.
We do have to admit some of the reason is Tesla wants to double the size of the plant because well, lets be honest, business prospects are looking good in Europe. This has local people in an uproar. Also Metal workers union has many complaints about working conditions but well, every company has labor issues? There is much on the subjects if you do your own research and quite honestly except for the plant being forced to shut down, not sure any of it matters long term but is maybe going to add to yesterdays decline today.

"Tesla has been forced to halt production at its Berlin gigafactory after a suspected arson which Far-left German protesters have claimed credit for.
The factory, Tesla’s only car plant in Europe, was left without power after a pylon carrying high-voltage electricity lines was found on fire near the facility.
Police said the incident was being investigated as a suspected arson attack."

Source https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-evacuates-german-gigafactory-suspected-125848684.html

Last edited:
Did you know the Fremont plant (ex-GM and ex-NUMMI) is the most productive auto plant in America?
I have seen that statement - the most "productive" plant - but its not - its the plant that produced the most cars in one year - 2021 I believe. Its not based on any actual manufacturing statistic - like MCE or unit cost less materials - for example. It was passed by Shanghai Tesla in 2022. Its a meaningless number. Henry Ford spat out 1M model T's from Dearborn in some years - built by hand. If you consolidate manufacturing in one place you get many units.

Is it just me - or did Tesla take on a lot of debt recently? Still low by automotive standards, but certainly not zero.

Guess I will need to pull a earlier financial statement.

1709648447192.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about this but I have seen it in other more well known publications. Really do not know the implications other than maybe more expensive GM and BMW cars generate boatloads more revenue per worker than Tesla and others.
If it means anything, that might mean if Tesla can improve these numbers it might enhance the value possibly.

Yeah, yesterday was one of those days that I looked at the stock value and uttered a few four and twelve letter words. But I've done that before and then seen it recover within a few days. Sure it still isn't worth what it was in 2021.

But what you Tesla and Elon haters seem to consistently have your blinders on about is that Tesla, unlike any other automaker, is poised to start receiving very large revenue streams from their other business units. When that does start happening in the next couple of years you will see TSLA going up in a way that is only partially related to their vehicle sales.

Maybe some of you will look back and lament that you didn't buy in when it was $187 per share.

Back