Tesla Drops USA Prices up to 20%

I probably will. Eventually a second Tesla or at least another electric car will end up in the driveway.
I would suspect one day at the right price my wife could possibly have an EV in our driveway. The car as it is barely gets driven 5000 miles a year.
2012 Mazda with Skyactive has 85000 miles on it and we bought it used at 2 years old with around 20,000+ Not only that but she used to drive to work, now she works from home. We take the car shopping sometimes just to run the engine and charge the battery.
If we do it will be an Equinox type small EV or possible still gas. Who knows.

I would suspect one day at the right price my wife could possibly have an EV in our driveway. The car as it is barely gets driven 5000 miles a year.
2012 Mazda with Skyactive has 85000 miles on it and we bought it used at 2 years old with around 20,000+ Not only that but she used to drive to work, now she works from home. We take the car shopping sometimes just to run the engine and charge the battery.
If we do it will be an Equinox type small EV or possible still gas. Who knows.

That’s what one of our main pushes was. My wife was putting 3k miles a year on a Ford Edge that was becoming very unreliable. Since getting it I spend enough time driving it that it’s keeping some miles off my car which is massive because with my current commute I sometimes fill up twice a week. Makes me want to go electric that much quicker for my daily.

Of course Tesla, or any segment leader, will lose market share as new products enter that market segment.
But that is a myopic point of view because it is looking only at the EV market. Tesla is rapidly gaining market share in the overall car market which is where they play.

Tesla's meteroic growth comes at the expense of other car companies. And now they are putting the squeeze on "the big guys."
Right now, TSLA is up 22% YTD. I wonder why I am not seeing people posting that?

Of course Tesla, or any segment leader, will lost market share as new products enter that market segment.
But that is a myopic point of view. Tesla is rapidly gaining market share in the overall car market which is where they play.

Tesla's meteroic growth comes at the expense of other car companies. And now they are putting the squeeze on "the big guys."
That's one way to look at it.

Ummmm ... no
Elon Musk told the world that the 4th quarter was going to be a blockbuster.
The stock price reflected that, it didnt happen, stock price has adjusted. Wish I could remember the exact words but it didnt happen. Inventory building up, prices being slashed around the world on Tesla's.
Why on earth did anyone think that Tesla was worth more money than that of almost all other car companies COMBINED and worth 100 times its earnings this year? irrational exuberance is why. It's just a car company, nothing more and car companies were in the 6 to 10 times earnings range. Just like bitcoin, nothing at all wrong going along for the ride, many people became VERY wealthy and others lost life savings.

It is not being spun as a failure. You're taking it personally, its just not worth the stupid high multiples it was selling at. Tesla did not invent the wheel, they copied the car design and put batteries and an electric motor in it, same as was done 100 years ago, they improved it and guess what? Now that it is selling, every other can maker is going to offer cars with not only ICE but electric powered and that is happening right now.
Elon even said that Tesla stock was "way overvalued ". This should tell people alot.

Right now, TSLA is up 22% YTD. I wonder why I am not seeing people posting that?
My guess is there not posting about it because they might have bought in when the stock was a lot higher in the not so distant past. Think about it, it's human nature in the case of any thing losing money. IIRC it was pushing close to $400 not too long ago.

My guess is there not posting about it because they might have bought in when the stock was a lot higher in the not so distant past. Think about it, it's human nature in the case of any thing losing money. IIRC it was pushing close to $400 not too long ago.
My guess is, Tesla and Musk attract attention like no one else. People love them or hate them or both.
Musk and Tesla's valuation dropped so far, it was historic. If you don't like EVs, this is music to your ears.

I am a long term investor. Do I wish it were still at its peak? Sure. I am in for the long run and have no worries about Tesla as a company or its stock price. It is a roller coaster for sure, so I would not bet my portfolio on it. But I also would not discount it as a money maker.

Just my 2 cents.

Really?
My guess is they’re not posting about it because they might have bought in when the stock was a lot higher in the not so distant past. Think about it, it's human nature in the case of any thing losing money. IIRC it was pushing close to $400 not too long ago.
Not too distant is an understatement. It’s at a 2.5 year low and the stock price was higher just 4 weeks ago.
I expected a technical bounce, I was tempted to buy it when it was down close to 100 but I’m not one to play with fire 🔥

I firmly believe unless they come out with something completely compelling at some point we will see it in the double digits long term with the same P/E ratios of the industry. It’s just a car.

Last edited:
What they (and other EV manufacturers) need...... is to hire the Italian design crew from Lamborghini.
To me, a Tesla (and others) are butt ugly.

Hey, even IF it's a unreliable, then at least it looks good !

View attachment 135297

I think Model 3 looks ugly but Model S is fine.

Still, if you only make Lambo you can't sell too many of them. The volume of minivan is much larger than Lambo.

Really?

Not too distant is an understatement. It’s at a 2.5 year low and the stock price was higher just 4 weeks ago.
I expected a technical bounce, I was tempted to buy it when it was down close to 100 but I’m not one to play with fire 🔥

I firmly believe unless they come out with something completely compelling at some point we will see it in the double digits long term with the same P/E ratios of the industry. It’s just a car.
I agree. FTR- I was trying to word it nicely. I'll let them run it up again, and maybe do another put spread, maybe. As I said before I like Elon, Tesla no thanks.
27.gif

I agree. FTR- I was trying to word it nicely. I'll let them run it up again, and maybe do another put spread, maybe. As I said before I like Elon, Tesla no thanks.
27.gif
I know you were.
Nothing wrong with playing a stock short term up or down. We know sooner or later long term P/E comes into play more so taking into account it’s peers have the same product.

I know you were.
Nothing wrong with playing a stock short term up or down. We know sooner or later long term P/E comes into play more so taking into account it’s peers have the same product.
Playing stock short term is a good way to go broke. Do I wish I had sold TSLA at the peak? Sure, but I am still positive and expect to be more positive over the long run. I just got greedy when I should have taken some money off the table. Actually I should have the bought stock and not the car, but that's another story.

I think Model 3 looks ugly but Model S is fine.

Still, if you only make Lambo you can't sell too many of them. The volume of minivan is much larger than Lambo.

I get it. I instantly liked the Model S. I really didn't like the Model 3 at first. I had to be around it awhile in person to get it. I don't think it photographs well. In person it's much wider and lower than the photos suggest. I think part of it has to do with the low belt line of the front, but it looks really tall from the back. For example from the front it looks comparable to the GTI.

740533-A5-179-A-4474-9-EDC-D1-C0226-F6719.jpg

Here's the part where I thought I'd show the back of both vehicles but I guess I haven't taken a picture from this angle. 😂 I definitely think it looks better from the front than the back.

It's kind of easy to make it look extra bubble-y taking pictures at the wrong angles for sure.
512-B271-A-5-D8-F-44-E5-8-A37-F849-EA7-F3806.jpg

Playing stock short term is a good way to go broke. Do I wish I had sold TSLA at the peak? Sure, but I am still positive and expect to be more positive over the long run. I just got greedy when I should have taken some money off the table. Actually I should have the bought stock and not the car, but that's another story.
Well, short term depends how it’s done but thats another thread and another way of investing, after all most stocks are bought and sold. There is no right or wrong, it depends on risk management and one’s objective.
Short term does take discipline and you have to accept losses. Short term means “Stop Loss” orders for me anyway is a must.

Look at it this way, one could have paid close to $250 for Tesla he might have been thrilled if he believed in the company to have his stop loss trigger at $225 and purchase it again at $110 or even lower.

Anyway just saying blanket statements about investing isn’t true for everyone.

As far as getting greedy thats when things get less disciplined and it happens to us all on an upswing but short term with stop loss you will be in trouble sooner or later .

I didn’t read the whole thread, but prices going down and I see a lot of people saying it’s bad? WTH?
In what universe prices going down is seen as bad? Are most on here big time investors in Tesla or something?
Because they sell only EV’s, therefore anything and everything they do is bad. ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don’t, all I know is I’m seeing more and more of them driving around.

Back