Terminating high mileage Civic 0W-20 test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
This winter I'm going with unspeced DuraBlend 5w-20 in our 1998 Honda CRV. 130k, zero consumption and no smoke.

Can't wait to see what happens with that, as my engine is almost exactly the same as the one in the CR-V. I've been tempted to use 5W-20 in mine as well, mine has 137k with no consumption, smoke, etc.

Originally Posted By: MJS
Quote:
It might also mean that he needs a new sender.

+1

My wife had a 1997 Chrysler Sebring that started the flickering business at idle on a hot day. We replaced the sender and started the car with the sender out so it could blow any crud out, and that did the trick.

Also, don't forget to spray some electrical contact cleaner/degreaser on the unit and connection. Any oily residue can conduct enough electricity to make it fault.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Was going to say the same thing. Chryslers are known for this minor issue that looks much worse than what it really is. All that is needed is electrical contact cleaner and the problem is solved. I had this problem recently on my Neon and that was the fix. Just a little bit of oil or dirt (cleaned engine bay recently) on the sender will prevent it from making correct readings..then it throws the dummy light. I'm getting a manual pressure gauge since I hate those dash lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back