Techron or seafoam???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLG

I have been using techron for fuel injector cleaner seams to be very popular on here as well. My question is if I was looking for something to maintain the fuel system on a vehicle thats somewhat new still and well taken care of what would be the better choice techron or seafoam? Some of the auto forums that visit all like seafoam I have not tried it yet.

I think Seafoam is overpriced. Its just rubbing alcohol, naptha, and pale oil.
Techron is buy one get one free at Advance Auto Parts.

i'm a big fan of seafoam, yes the price is getting ridiculous but its not like i use it that often.

I may switch to Techron or something else to run in the tank but i'll still use seafoam through the intake, it does wonders

I'd like to hear what's better to use than seafoam. I dont think seafoam is any kind of cleaning #@$%!, it's just I dont know of any others. and personally with the way the search engine works on the updated site software, it's easier for me to just ask.

Techron is very very good, it's what most mechanics in my area (im saying my area so no one flames me, but it's probally a lot of areas) use techron on cars they give tuneups to, or fuel system clean packages.

Gumout regane is also pretty good.

Synpower is probally just as good as the regane, they both do a fine job like the techron.

Seafoam I havent tried, i'd run it through a vaccume line, but in the gas tank I doubt it'd do anything at all. Just like STP fuel treatment in that reguard, it isnt anything special.

Go to AAP and get the buy one get one free on techron while they still have it, buy a few bottles, don't buy out the store cause advance auto usually has a free fuel system cleaner offer every couple of months.

Gotcha. I'll have to pick some of that Techron up at AAP
smile.gif

Have any of you guys ever used the machine that uses NAPA Pro-Cleen. Part# 2-18489 ?? My friend bought the machine that uses and he said as long as I buy the cleaner ($13), I can use the machine..

I would not recommend Seafoam for an in the tank treatment. If you search these forums you'll find positive experiences of people who have pulled Seafoam through the brake booster line in an attempt to decarb the engine, works for some not for others. If you've got about $150 to spare, a Motorvac engine decarb will clean the entire fuel system as well as the tops of the pistons and valves.

If you simply want an in tank cleaner to use occasionally I've noticed the greatest improvement with Techron, Redline, and Amsoil fuel system cleaners. Techron is the least expensive and most available (watch Sunday adds from AA they run buy 1 get 1 free offers every few months.) Amsoil has recently reformulated their cleaner and at a quick glance appears to be significantly improved. AA has been clearing out Redline lately, I bought 6 bottles (all they had left) a few weeks ago at half price, some on these boards found bottles for $1.

Techron, they also are the number 1 choice by automanufacturers to make their brand of product for their dealerships. Some products may actually cause problems such as deposites on valves preventing them from closing properly etc., but Techron is the best.

Quote:

i'm a big fan of seafoam, yes the price is getting ridiculous but its not like i use it that often.

I may switch to Techron or something else to run in the tank but i'll still use seafoam through the intake, it does wonders

I agree, Techron or Redline in the tank, Seafoam for induction cleaning. I used Seafoam through my pcv line and it worked very well, I could look through the plug hole and read numbers on the top of the pistons!
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

Quote:

I take it the Techron I want is the entire fuel system cleaner right?

Techron Concentrate is the one to get, make sure it says "concentrate". It's more expensive than the other Chevron fuel additive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back