HYUNDAI : NEW Technical Service Bulletin ( T.S.B. ) 23-FL-003H : Additional fuel system cleaner ( TECHRON )

to help prevent carbon deposits , etc.. It's for G.D.I. and M.P.I.. Found this at HYUNDAI owners forum . This likely includes KIA or possibly other engines that are similar from other car manufacturers . KIA has its own TECHRON based 20 ounce bottle like that of HYUNDAI . This is going to be expensive with 2 treatments per O.C. , so much for fuel savings . They advise to use Top Tier gas and the 2 treatments with a TECHRON based additive ( 2 per O.C. interval ) . Should the TECHRON based fuel treatment be used just before the O.C. or soon after the O.C. ? Then 2,000 miles or more into the O.C.. Example : 5,000 mile O.C. : TECHRON into gas tank at 2,500 miles or so . Seems that 2 treatments of fuel system cleaner per O.C. would cause fuel dilution . You'd think that wouldn't be beneficial for the engine of the vehicle .

NEW : T.S.B. 23-FL-003H

IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG

Replaces :

IMG_3494.JPG
IMG_3496.JPG
IMG_4495.JPG
IMG_4494.JPG

Or this x2 of TECHRON 10 ounce or 20 ounce bottle . HYUNDAI or KIA 20 ounce bottle probably more expensive .

IMG_3518.JPG
IMG_3520.JPG
IMG_3519.JPG

Last edited:
This has been around while. Just use the Techron brand, much cheaper. I buy it in bottles of six from Bezos-land. Doesn't do anything for the intake tract, but I'm confident it helps the Direct injectors. One bottle per oil change interval (5K for me) is my usage.

I’d use the Techron and star tron enzyme fuel treatment. Star tron especially if I had a turbocharged engine

So, I guess even the newer engines have some issues? This looks like they’re trying to extend the life of engines somehow (almost desperate.) whatever they can do to nudge the car over warranty line.

Never again…..
What....... "Never again" you hate your Santa Fe? What has happened in 44,000 miles?

So, I guess even the newer engines have some issues? This looks like they’re trying to extend the life of engines somehow (almost desperate.) whatever they can do to nudge the car over warranty line.

Never again…..
No, they do it as a marketing idea, because the average consumer is too lazy to do the research as to whether it’s really needed, and what it accomplishes, and what it doesn’t.

Never again…..
As my post above stated-its been in the owners manual for at least the last 5 years. I guess you didn't read yours either.

What....... "Never again" you hate your Santa Fe? What has happened in 44,000 miles?
So, I have posted about my experiences with Hyundai/ Kia in the past, but never had any issues with my wifes 2012 Santa Fe at 168K. My sons Santa Fe in signature has almost 48K now and no issues. OIl pretty much stays where I fill it to (maybe slight slight movement, but not much.)

The 2019 Tucson, burning 1/2 quart and only had 36K on it. OIl changed every 4K with mostly Quaker State and OEM filters. Got rid of it.

The KIA in signature gets an oil change every week, that's how much oil burns through it. Exaggerating slightly, but it burns oil bad. Oil changed every 5K in it. Mostly synthetic, some semi-synthetic (came factory fill with semi-synthetic.) All maintenance done on time. Had no oil burning issues until 100K. Then it started.....and has gotten really bad. Son still drives it, for now.

So, yes. Given Hyundai plenty of chances. Hoping my sons Santa Fe is reliable for him (his choice, his money, we discussed it at length.) Until I see some reliability, I won't purchase another one.

I have no experience with the new slipstream engines, or whatever they are called. Jury still out on those, but if this bulletin applies to them, makes me step back and scratch my head.

Above examples are just the readers digest version (I'm showing my age here.....)

Last edited:
As my post above stated-its been in the owners manual for at least the last 5 years. I guess you didn't read yours either.
I did. Used techron at every oil change. It does say it in the manual. I read my manuals, probably too much.

This bulletin was issued in June 2023. Doesn't change what I said, or my experiences. Thanks for making assumptions.

The 20 ounce Hyundai / Kia fuel system cleaner ( Techron rebottled ) would be a stronger dose for vehicles with smaller tanks . Such as the 11.9 gallon tank of the '18 Accent . The bulletin states that it treats up to 20 gallons on page 1 . Page 2 it mentions 2 consecutive doses of the ounce 20 ounce bottle for engines that may be beneficial for engines with heavier accumulation of deposits . I would consider this before the upcoming O.C.. I'd also consider the 10 or 12 ounce bottle of TECHRON back to back in place of the two 20 ounce bottles . Have used Top Tier most of the time for 47,000+ miles , except 3 or 4 times . Have treated it with TECHRON 10 ounce for possibly 4 occasions .

The 2019 Tucson, burning 1/2 quart and only had 36K on it. OIl changed every 4K with mostly Quaker State and OEM filters. Got rid of it.

The KIA in signature gets an oil change every week, that's how much oil burns through it. Exaggerating slightly, but it burns oil bad. Oil changed every 5K in it. Mostly synthetic, some semi-synthetic (came factory fill with semi-synthetic.) All maintenance done on time. Had no oil burning issues until 100K. Then it started.....and has gotten really bad. Son still drives it, for now.

So, yes. Given Hyundai plenty of chances. Hoping my sons Santa Fe is reliable for him (his choice, his money, we discussed it at length.) Until I see some reliability, I won't purchase another one.

I have no experience with the new slipstream engines, or whatever they are called. Jury still out on those, but if this bulletin applies to them, makes me step back and scratch my head.

Above examples are just the readers digest version (I'm showing my age here.....)
I can't wait to get rid of my mom's 19 tucson. It currently has 55k miles but got an engine at 44k. My sister's 18 sonata drinks oil. Last oil change after 5k less than a quart came out.

(my opinion)... Just stay away from the new HyunKia dealerships and all their used vehicles on car lots.
Biggest vehicle buying regret we ever made (since 1969) was this pair of Hyunkia's in my Signature below.

We almost bought a Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4 instead. I let my wife talk me out of them, only because I allowed her to make the two vehicle buying decisions in 2019 and 2020. These two purchases were her first-ever at new vehicle dealerships. We've been married since 71' and up until 2019, I made the final call on what to buy.

I wanted to veto her decisions and instead I accepted them. I would never blame her and she vows to keep her Kia Soul forever.

I did tell her that the definition of forever is to go visit that Kia Soul in a junkyard someday...... sooner than what she would imagine.

Last edited:
This is old , but uses 12 ounce bottle ( TECHRON bottle page 2 ) instead of 20 ounces for HYUNDAI T.S.B. ( old + new ) . Can't find new T.S.B. form KIA like HYUNDAI ^above^ .

IMG_3529.JPG
IMG_3532.JPG
IMG_3494.JPG
IMG_3496.JPG

Last edited:
Back