Tc-w3 in gas engine

For what it's worth I tried tcw-3 for a couple of years and quit it after going through several O2 sensors and eventually a cat way too early. After ending the tcw-3 regimen I stopped replacing O2 sensors yearly and no more cats. I recommend spending your money on Top Tier gas instead.

For what it's worth I tried tcw-3 for a couple of years and quit it after going through several O2 sensors and eventually a cat way too early. After ending the tcw-3 regimen I stopped replacing O2 sensors yearly and no more cats. I recommend spending your money on Top Tier gas instead.
Strange I use them from 17 years never had problems with sensors and cat.

Strange I use them from 17 years never had problems with sensors and cat.
Happened to me with two different cars using tcw-3. Codes and problems. Plus, I could detect no difference in operation other than the hassle of adding the tcw-3 at each fillup.

How much were you adding?
One ounce to 5 gallons. I can't say the O2 and Cat problems were directly related, but happened to me on two cars I eventually got CEL lights after using the regimen for awhile, and then needed to do O2 sensors and then cats. Stopped doing the regimen and no longer had the problems. Could have been something else, but the bottom line for me is I couldn't detect any benefit to the tcw-3 regimen. Someone on here once made the argument that if tcw-3 was so good for gasoline the manufacturers would put it in the gas in the first place. They don't. Not a big believer in witches brew gas or oil additives that aren't scientifically tested and approved.

fake bottle or a scooter oil, that is not ashless.
tcw3 is made for 2stroke with cats. fullsyn oils are very often ashless, not sure about the cheaper types....

What brand were you using? Did it say tcw-3 on the bottle?

I had black tailpipe issues using Shell Nautilus TC-W3 and it cleared when I stopped using it.
How long did you use it for and how much? I have been running roughly 1oz per 5 gallons in my 05 Silverado and this is my tailpipe (original exhaust and cats/o2 sensors). Both my car (carbureted) and my wife's Hyundai (direct injection) are completely black with soot in their tailpipes. This one I could lick it, it's so clean.

Attachments

• 20230609_180633_HDR.jpg
    20230609_180633_HDR.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230609_180644_HDR.jpg
    20230609_180644_HDR.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 19
How long did you use it for and how much? I have been running roughly 1oz per 5 gallons in my 05 Silverado and this is my tailpipe (original exhaust and cats/o2 sensors). Both my car (carbureted) and my wife's Hyundai (direct injection) are completely black with soot in their tailpipes. This one I could lick it, it's so clean.
Yes the same to me, the deposits are more soft too, so a bit of gas on the accelerator with hot engine and they clear up.

It has passed long time did you try it ?

Hi Mephy,

Sorry it took so long to get back on this topic. I have tried Mystik All-In-One on all my vehicles for a while and here are my results:

1) Not sure if the Mystik All-In-One made any difference from the cheap Pennzoil TCW-3 as far as performance goes. If so it was too small a difference to notice.
2) The Mystik is really thick and that makes it more of a pain to pour and measure out.
3) The Mystik has a crazy rich purple color like it has an excessive amount of die in it. Don't get a drop on your clothes!

I don't think I'll buy any more Mystik. When this runs out (I'm already about half way through the gallon) I might try Liqui-Moly Marine 2T. It's like the Mystik All-In-One in that it has both TCW-3 and JASO FD ratings.

I thought you were using Amsoil Interceptor?

Back