TC-W3 VS MMO Observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since we moved to our new location 4 years ago my MPG has never gone pass 17.7 mpg, same route everyday, same driving habits, same gas station and same pump and nothing has been change on the truck. 80%hwy/20%city driving condition. And I added MMO on my last 2 full tanks and got 18.5, 18.2 MPG, The truck didn't run as smooth or as responsive compared to plain gas but was able to break in the 18MPG range. Now on my 3rd and current full tank of gas I added Pennzoil syn blend TC-W3 (1oz/5gal gas) and the truck lost alot of power, could it be the 2 stroke oil lowered the octane rating dramatically?? I travel about 300miles and gas up once a week..The truck is a 91 pathfinder with 193K miles..

If nothing has been changed on the truck, you may need a tune up , air filter, more air in your tires, have a dragging brake, or it just might be the gas company changed their formula.,,

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
If nothing has been changed on the truck, you may need a tune up , air filter, more air in your tires, have a dragging brake, or it just might be the gas company changed their formula.,,

Good points. The OP should consider cutting the dose slightly and experimenting. I've noticed that TCW-3 can reduce mpgs or foul plugs a lot easier than MMO can. TCW-3 does work very well, 1 ounce in 5 gallons of gas is all that is needed.

Originally Posted By: stang5
Ever since we moved to our new location 4 years ago my MPG has never gone pass 17.7 mpg, same route everyday, same driving habits, same gas station and same pump and nothing has been change on the truck. 80%hwy/20%city driving condition. And I added MMO on my last 2 full tanks and got 18.5, 18.2 MPG, The truck didn't run as smooth or as responsive compared to plain gas but was able to break in the 18MPG range. Now on my 3rd and current full tank of gas I added Pennzoil syn blend TC-W3 (1oz/5gal gas) and the truck lost alot of power, could it be the 2 stroke oil lowered the octane rating dramatically?? I travel about 300miles and gas up once a week..The truck is a 91 pathfinder with 193K miles..
I have been using twc3 super tech now for 2 months or so, and no loss of mileage, but a small gain, but I like the lubricating effect of the mix. If u are losing power, cut down the mix to 1 oz to 7 gallons, not all engines respond the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back