Tamper seal cap

So I bought two jugs of Pennzoil platinum today, unscrewed the cap no tamper seal thingy?? Not cool

Where were they purchased? You may want to contact the retailer and provide the lot number detail to Pennzoil at

Where were they purchased? You may want to contact the retailer and provide the lot number detail to Pennzoil at

Walmart.

Take them back.

Valvoline has a excellent way to check for tampering before you buy. A large clear cap over a pull off foil seal. The clear cap is tamper resistant to boot.

I crossed my fingers and put it in already.
I know mobil 1 has a piece of plastic that you rip off I believe the Pennzoil platinum just has like a milk carton where that plastic ring snaps. But nothing snapped and the whole thing just screwed up on both jugs

Always check the caps when I buy the PP jugs at WM. Was your oil black or amber color when you poured it?

I crossed my fingers and put it in already.
I know mobil 1 has a piece of plastic that you rip off I believe the Pennzoil platinum just has like a milk carton where that plastic ring snaps. But nothing snapped and the whole thing just screwed up on both jugs
Why would you do that? If there is supposed to be an anti-tamper cap or a seal underneath the cap and it’s missing that means, well, it’s been tampered with.

I don't think SOPUS uses a tamper seal on their products.
Right, much ado about nothing here. Foil is not needed when the condition of the cap tells you whether it has been tampered with. Same idea as on typical milk containers.

Why would you do that? If there is supposed to be an anti-tamper cap or a seal underneath the cap and it’s missing that means, well, it’s been tampered with.
I don’t know if where is supposed to be a tamperproof cap on it or not

The whole cap unscrew off. Look like a faulty cap
Faulty how? The point to watch for on these is not nonexistent foil, but whether the cap shows evidence of having been removed. If was removed, someone might've added or subtracted something----or if you're lucky, merely wanted to sniff the oil.

Well if it works like a milk carton it should snap away from a little ring thingy but It didn’t do that the whole thing unscrewed not sure if I’m explaining it right

And just for that reason I will not be buying pennzoil again. Sucks, I prefer it

The foil seal will guarantee that the product has not been opened before you buy it but in order to check that foil seal you have to break the tamper proof cap.

The best approach is to have a system that the consumer can verify by looking that the product is good. A cap with a shrink wrap seal outside is better than a cap with a foil seal underneath in that respect.

Back