Which of the major brands have foil seals on their 5 quart bottles?

Anyone happen to know this?

PP doesn't use a foil seal on their 5 quart bottles, every time I take the cap off these it comes off without breaking the collar seal thing, it's not as effective an anti-tamper measure as I thought, which is really stupid.

I'm starting to get paranoid I'm eventually going to run into some D-head swapping the oil with something that looks close enough that I won't notice, enough to where I'm considering switching brands to foil sealed brands, just wondering which of them do without taking caps off in an aisle...

That's the only one I remember. I don't recall removing them on Castrol or Pennzoil, though it's been a long time since I bought a 5 qt of Pennzoil. I buy single quarts of PYB 10w30 for my mower and snow blower.

Reactions: 4WD

PP doesn't use a foil seal on their 5 quart bottles, every time I take the cap off these it comes off without breaking the collar seal thing, it's not as effective an anti-tamper measure as I thought, which is really stupid.

I'm starting to get paranoid I'm eventually going to run into some D-head swapping the oil with something that looks close enough that I won't notice, enough to where I'm considering switching brands to foil sealed brands, just wondering which of them do without taking caps off in an aisle...
SuperTech has a paper seal with a clingy plastic underneath it, making it highly secure against tampering.
I use a pen shaped exacto knife and I make a sharp incision around the circumference of the spout all the way around (except for a 1/8 inch remaining part of the circumference), and then I pull it off with my 2 fingers.

I try to avoid any brands that have little to no protection against tampering by someone who buys the 5 quart jug, uses the new oil, puts their old oil back in, and then returns it so the next unsuspecting customer gets hurt by it.

Easy to check the cap and see if it's been tampered with, hate those foil seals unless it comes with the fold up tab to pull off. ;)

Valvoline 5qt has that clear cap and a plastic rip off seal, I don´t remember if there is foil there or not.

Mobil 1. Be sure to check when you buy (or before you drain old oil) - I had a jug of Mobil1 from Walmart online order that had been refilled with used oil (assume that the cap was split, no foil).

Walmart agreed to give me a refund and didnt ask me to ship the old oil back.

Mobil 1. Be sure to check when you buy (or before you drain old oil) - I had a jug of Mobil1 from Walmart online order that had been refilled with used oil (assume that the cap was split, no foil).

Walmart agreed to give me a refund and didnt ask me to ship the old oil back.
I think this may be why Mobil 1 still does the foil.

Back