Talk to me about Crown Vics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: Islandvic

Also check out '06-'08 Ford 500's and Merc Montego's. great cars and good prices on used models.

Crown Vics are great, but horrible on gas mileage.

I get 26 mpg on the highway and 19 with mixed driving..I don't think that is bad for a full size sedan..That is with the a/c on all the time as I haven't shut the a/c off since I bought it back in 05.

I agree. I have an 04 Marquis. I get 17 - 18 around town - 27 + on the freeway. The 27 was on a 2500 miles or so round trip with 4 adults and the trunk very full.
I have a vehicle with a V6 engine and another with a straight 6 engine that will NOT come close to that kind of MPG.

Last edited:
Back when I had my '07 GMQ, I used to get an average of 10.4-11 Km/L (80% highway, 20% city). In fact, my truck is worse on gas mileage, despite being a 3.0L V6...I barely manage to hit 7.5 Km/L. You have to be rather light footed to get 8 Km/L.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Back when I had my '07 GMQ, I used to get an average of 10.4-11 Km/L (80% highway, 20% city).

They use km/l to express fuel economy in Kuwait? I'm used to seeing MPG and l/100km, but never knew some parts of the world use km/l. Just curious...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
They use km/l to express fuel economy in Kuwait? I'm used to seeing MPG and l/100km, but never knew some parts of the world use km/l. Just curious...

To be honest nobody really measures fuel economy here, so only a handful of people actually know what MPG (US and UK), L/100Km or Km/L is. It's not even written in any sales literature.

I've just gotten used to using Km/L, so it's just a personal preference.
55.gif

Get a 2004 Mercury Marauder, the ULTIMATE Panther chassis car! 4.6 4V, 4R75, and the best looks inside and out. A gear, converter, headers, exhaust, ported intake and a few bolt ons and you've got a high 12-low 13 second capable land yacht. Leave it stock, and you've got a good looking, safe, reliable, decently quick land yacht.

Even if you are set on a CV Sport, I would go for a 2004 or newer based solely on the fact that is the first year of the 4R75 trans, which basically gave the 4R70W the 5.4 4R70E (much stronger) planetary set along with a host of other upgrades here and there.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Get a 2004 Mercury Marauder, the ULTIMATE Panther chassis car!

Depending on how you define "ultimate", my preference would be a Town Car.
grin2.gif

Town Car doesn't get the 4V, therefore it is not the ultimate Panther.
wink.gif

And on a more objective note, the Marauder looks about 10 million times better than the same vintage TC, at least IMO.

855.jpg

10000988.jpg

smallsunmm.jpg

LITO9807.jpg

grin2.gif

I don't know, I love that body style on the TC. I think it looks really classy as a sedan or limo.

wink.gif

And on a more objective note, the Marauder looks about 10 million times better than the same vintage TC, at least IMO.

855.jpg

10000988.jpg

smallsunmm.jpg

LITO9807.jpg

grin2.gif

The Marauder is soooooooooooooooo nice!..Drove one a few years ago and between the power and handlingi it was by far the best car I drove...The F.H.P. bought about 12 Marauders back in 03 and some are still on the road today...Spoke to a Trooper about them and he said they all loved them...They used them for unmarked cars and stopped a ton people with them..They had them tinted real dark..

I still really like the Town Car also but like the Marauder better...Problem down here is everybody that owns one beats the [censored] out of them.

wink.gif

If by "ultimate" you mean performance, I agree. I was personally rather content with the 2V, and it did it for me. I just like the classiness of the Town Car, particularly the '03+ models.
wink.gif

I meant ultimate in the sense of the total package, by my standards I guess.

I favor appearance and performance (hardware) more so than a cushy ride. Marauders are also relatively uncommon which is another plus in my book.

I just think a TT Marauder would be just about the coolest ride possible.

IRS would be nice, but with a turbo I'm all about a lockup torque converter.
cool.gif

Turbos love load when moving, and torque multiplication at launch.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I've moved more toward road racing. I like to feel G forces from all directions, not just 1.

That's what they make manual valve bodies for.
wink.gif

You can do a PA manual VB, B&M Hammer shifter, 4000 rpm stall speed triple-disc converter, and let the PCM control converter lockup schedule and you'll still have a deadly autocross setup, manual-like fun on the street, and a deadly drag race setup.
grin2.gif

With a PD blower I'd be more open to a manual tranny, turbos just love autos though. And I love turbos...or N/A.

CV's and Marquis are fantastic cars.

Easily the best VALUE on the used market.

I have had about 6 of these cars and they all were great cars.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I've moved more toward road racing. I like to feel G forces from all directions, not just 1.

I see people take a Vic out on the road course here every once in a while.

I got an 01 Grand Marquis because it only had 30,000 miles on it and I was looking to replace my 92 S-ER anyway. As many have said, I got it at a great price but it took me a loooooooong time to adjust. I went from a sub-compact stick shift to a huge V8 rear-driver. Worlds of difference!

It took time, but I'm actually very happy with the car. Its comfortable, decent on gas, has decent power and with the full vinyl roof is a nice stealth-mobile on the highway!
thumbsup2.gif

I replaced the stereo, got one of those relays for the headlights (great upgrade!), a full set of snow tires and I'm good to go for at least 10 years. Granted the interior is chintzy, I hate the seatbelt chime and the windshield wiper setup, but hey.

You could do a lot worse than a CV or MGM I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back