Synthetic Oil and the Hemi Tick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: -SyN-
SilverSnake: Read here! Made my head hurt!!

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/hemi-tick-256546/

Alot of Hemi owners Upset!

So far I don't have any type of Tick!

If I was treated like most of these owners were by the dealerships I would have been restrained...

Thanks for the link Syn. I am a member of that forum and had read it previously. Technically, my problem is not the hemi tick but brief start up clatter only. I am convinced this issue will be resolved when I change the factory oil and filter out with PU and the best premium filter money can buy.

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
I do apologize for posting it in your thread.

I do hope the changes will help your issue.

No apology is necessary. The link was good. The subject of my thread was confusing. As I get older, I am confused regularly. Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake

Thanks 440 Magnum. I plan to change out the factory oil and filter before it I get 1K miles on the car. I will probably be going with the Purolater Filter and PU oil. Not entirely sure yet. Still evaluating all the good advice I am getting on this site.

I'll once again say PLEASE consider spending a few bucks extra for a filter that uses wire-backed synthetic media. With all the media failures popping up on conventional media, it makes the argument for wire-backed media that much stronger, nevermind the better flow and filtration. Brand doesn't matter much (except, ironically, Wix has a terrible particle size rating and is out of the running). The Royal Purple (made by Champion Labs) is the Cadillac of the group, but the Fram Ultra is really about 98% as good, maybe better in a few ways. Right now the Purolator Synthetic (PSL series filters) are the only Purolators I could see myself using until the cases of torn media are more adequately explained and any problem in manufacture is addressed.

Here's a used Royal Purple synthetic filter from my Challenger. The crimp may look frayed, but that is from me probing it to confirm that it was 100% intact which is why I posed the filter to show it clearly:

028C2816-5AE9-4BEF-849A-3B4406A485BF_zpsigst6erd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back