Switcted from M1 7500 to Havoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was using mobil 7500 with good results..little engine noises etc...it a 99 pont ta with the ls1 engine.I switched this oil change to havoline 5-30 reg motor oil because of all the good things i read about it on this board...........but WOW this LS1 engine is NOT happy with the havoline in it...it piston knocks and ticks and taps...it sounds terrible...it was very quiet with the M 7500 in it...anyone have some insight as to whats going on?I'm thinking about dumping the havoline bk out.TY

The proof is in the results. Both oils are excellent but the Mobil gets the nod from me. I would switch back immediately. You engine does not like the Havoline.

Give it some time. Let the engine get used to all that moly. The LS1 is just a noisey engine.

I switched from Mobil clean 7500 to Havoline in a Mazda with no discernable change in performance thus far. Admittedly I only used clean one change and it was fine. But so is the Havoline and the Havoline seems to improve MPG by 1-2 MPG.

Methinks he is referring to Mobil clean 7500 but labelled it as Mobil 1 7500. No such animal as Mobil 1 7500. But I think you aleady knew that didn't you AJ?
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
What is Mobil 1 7500? I never heard of it.

I never heard of it either...i have no idea ..ask mobil maybe they know

mobil 7500 is a blend of M1 and clean 5000..so it is really M1 7500 GIT IT AND GIT OVER IT!

Brilliant. So now I git it, you made up the name from your idea that Clean 7500 is a blend of Mobil 1 and Clean 5000. That makes much more sense than calling it by the name we use and Mobil uses. Wow, I think we have another XOM insider on the Forum!

I just made the same switch from Mobil 7500 to Havoline. I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 V8. It has been in about 2 weeks now since the switch. Today I noticed minor pinging for the first time. There have been no other discernable changes. No more noise, no difference at start up (it has always been quiet), etc. Whether the pinging is related is anyone's guess. I have about 22k miles now. With the performance Havoline is posting on here it is hard to justify spending more $ for something else. I will be posting a UOA of the mobil 7500 any day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back