Switchover from winter gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got batter mpg last tank 28>31, and car was running much nicer. Changed air filter today and got another full tank. Car is running even betterer. Is winter gas history? I think maybe. Yay.

I noticed the same thing recently (within the last two weeks). Unfortunately the change was accompanied by a .25 jump in the price, too. And it's only March....

Quote:

I noticed the same thing recently (within the last two weeks). Unfortunately the change was accompanied by a .25 jump in the price, too. And it's only March....

offtopic.gif

Only a 25-cent jump? Here, it's more like 35-40 cents since the 1st of Feb. It was $2.09 - $2.14. Now it's $2.49/gal.

Back to topic:
I've noticed increased mileage, too. 2-3 on car; about 1-2 on truck.

Still 25-25.3 at every fill-up on the old Saturn SL2 Auto, mostly 1-2 mi trips. No change from what I can tell, aside from the price.
mad.gif

Quote:

Quote:

offtopic.gif

Only a 25-cent jump? Here, it's more like 35-40 cents since the 1st of Feb. It was $2.09 - $2.14. Now it's $2.49/gal.

Back to topic:

try california, $3.01 is the cheapest i can find right now. when you guys hit $3 ill be paying $3.50

try around 2.75 here

Quote:

Quote:

offtopic.gif

Back to topic:

Quote:

I got batter mpg last tank 28>31, and car was running much nicer. Changed air filter today and got another full tank. Car is running even betterer. Is winter gas history? I think maybe. Yay.

It's the warmer ambient temps that are making "open loop" operations shorter. 40 CFR 80.78 (a)(1)(v) requires compliance with summertime RFG requirements between May 1 and September 15 for "all persons except retailers and wholesale purchaser-consumers" and June 1 to September 15 for "all persons including retailers and wholesale purchaser-consumers".

$3.13/gal here. When you drive 220 miles a day - price increases like these really change the lining in your wallet.

But yes, I've noticed increased MPG in my trips recently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back