Switched from T-Mobile to US Mobile

Well I finally took the plunge… T-Mobile did in fact add $10/month to my plan and I refuse to use a company that promised me “we’ll never raise your rate!”
yeah gotta love 2024 the year the “un carrier” became like the others.
1st telling me they will no longer accept auto pay from my credit card and if I don’t give them my debit card my rate will go up $5 a month, then if not enough months later raising my rate that $10

Bye bye and back to MVNOs which I’ve used for over 12 years before them 2 years ago.
BTW US Mobile with Verizon has been working fine since switching over 5 weeks ago. I like having the option to switch networks right from my US Mobile web portal should I want too

Last edited:
yeah gotta love 2024 the year the “un carrier” became like the others.
1st telling me they will no longer accept auto pay from my credit card and if I don’t give them my debit card my rate will go up $5 a month, then if not enough months later raising my rate that $10

Bye bye and back to MVNOs which I’ve used for over 12 years before them 2 years ago.
BTW US Mobile with Verizon has been working fine since switching over 5 weeks ago. I like having the option to switch networks right from my US Mobile web portal should I want too
So far it’s great, I have USABLE service at church now! Even in the basement!!

T-Mobile better honor their “un carrier” commitment to pay my last months service on account of them raising the rate or I will go scorched earth.

I’d like to save some money, but we pay $89/month for two lines with T-Mobile, including discounted Netflix (basically half off). I can’t imagine the prepaid savings being worth it.

To be fair, I’m on an oldish Military Magenta 1.0 plan. I hope it stays the same for a while to come. Our phones are 2.5 years old, so we should be good to go for a while.

I’d like to save some money, but we pay $89/month for two lines with T-Mobile, including discounted Netflix (basically half off). I can’t imagine the prepaid savings being worth it.

To be fair, I’m on an oldish Military Magenta 1.0 plan. I hope it stays the same for a while to come. Our phones are 2.5 years old, so we should be good to go for a while.
Depending on how much data the two of you use, the $28 shared data plan would probably be plenty. That leaves you $61 a month in savings, which is more than enough to cover a top-tier Netflix plan subscription.

US Mobile we pay $66 less a month, $33 (actual payment) for two lines and 12 GB shared data.
Granted taking into account the Netflex credit you get we pay $59 less a month.

All good what we buy and consider worth it is an individual choice. This a significant difference though.
T Mobile offers more data at that price and it should. But you can opt for more data in the US Mobile plan and still pay 30% less.
(Ugh, I see @14Accent replied much the same already!)

Last edited:
Depending on how much data the two of you use, the $28 shared data plan would probably be plenty. That leaves you $61 a month in savings, which is more than enough to cover a top-tier Netflix plan subscription.
The Netflix credit on the bill is $6.99 for basic Netflix with ads. You can then upgrade and pay the difference and it gets added to your bill. That is what we did. All in all for a major provider T-Mobile two lines at $70 for the Magenta 55+ with all the perks, one of which was the monthly $6.99 discount wasnt a bad deal. Our net cost was $63 and we were paying Red Pocket $50 when we switched. They also gave us two new iPhone 13s at the time in exchange for our older iPhones. I figured the cost difference was $300 over two years and we got $1,600 in phones.

However recent obnoxious requirement of switching from CC payment to Debit card AND then the "UN-CARRIER" as they advertise raising our rate 15% to $80 a month, well, bye by to them... and thanks to your posts I am now doing way better then I used to do with RedPocket. I mean how stupid simple, $33 for 2 lines on Verizons network. There are other good plans out there as well but this one works best for us as we dont use more than 12Gb a month of data but I do have us on auto top off if we exceed. I think a reasonable $4 for every additional 2GB of data and if you dont use it all it carries over. Of course for a few more dollars you can simply select a plan with more data but my wife and I dont need it. We use our phones A LOT but much of it is on a WiFi network.

Back