Switched from T-Mobile to US Mobile

Switched from Verizon to Tello several mo ago. $10 mo, unlimited talk/text, 2g. The signal strength is excellent in my area.

Switched from Verizon to Tello several mo ago. $10 mo, unlimited talk/text, 2g. The signal strength is excellent in my area.

Tried TELLO for 20 days. Couldn’t call or text anyone. Went to Verizon; never switch again. $25/month unlimited talk text 16g data month with veteran discount.

Figured I'd give a 30 day update now that I'm "officially" a customer: the service is great! There's really nothing else to say. There's a 5G SA tower about half a mile from our house that has bands 25 and 71, I get ~180 meg DL speeds on the couch and 250+ closer to the cell site.

The main TMO tower is ~1.5 miles away, so signal is really never an issue even out here in the boonies.

Why not get Metro BYOD for $25 unlimited tax included instead? The advantage I've heard with Metro is you get domestic roaming. This can come in handy, I wish I had had them when I took to trip to the Colorado river. T-mobile roamed on ATT but I got no signal on Mint Mobile. I had to buy a temporary esim from Visible (verizon) to get data while we were there. Also I think only the Verizon plan on US Mobile gets the priority data, not the T-mobile variant.

Why not get Metro BYOD for $25 unlimited tax included instead? The advantage I've heard with Metro is you get domestic roaming. This can come in handy, I wish I had had them when I took to trip to the Colorado river. T-mobile roamed on ATT but I got no signal on Mint Mobile. I had to buy a temporary esim from Visible (verizon) to get data while we were there. Also I think only the Verizon plan on US Mobile gets the priority data, not the T-mobile variant.

Eh, for the $4 a month it's worth it to be out of the T-Mobile ecosystem (aside from using their towers).

Oddly enough, I've caught my phone roaming on both Verizon AND AT&T in the last couple days.

Priority data isn't an issue where I live. Almost no one here uses TMO.

Hi everyone, thought I'd ask for some advice here on carriers. My wife and I are on T-mobile - have been for 20 years. For 2 lines of unlimited everything we pay $140 a month. I believe $25 of that is to pay for her phone she purchased from them. So let's say we're paying $125 a month all in. Our obligation ends in October and I would love to lower our bill significantly. Also I just turned 60 if that makes a difference. Would love to hear some recommendations from you guys on what we should do/try. One thing I wanted to mention also is that we live in a mid size city, and good coverage is really important to us. My wife uses her phone a lot to do things online - watch vids, etc, and I use mine a fair amount but not as much as many people. Anyway, thank you!

Hi everyone, thought I'd ask for some advice here on carriers. My wife and I are on T-mobile - have been for 20 years. For 2 lines of unlimited everything we pay $140 a month. I believe $25 of that is to pay for her phone she purchased from them. So let's say we're paying $125 a month all in. Our obligation ends in October and I would love to lower our bill significantly. Also I just turned 60 if that makes a difference. Would love to hear some recommendations from you guys on what we should do/try. One thing I wanted to mention also is that we live in a mid size city, and good coverage is really important to us. My wife uses her phone a lot to do things online - watch vids, etc, and I use mine a fair amount but not as much as many people. Anyway, thank you!
We have T-Mobile Magenta 55+ actual payment for two lines is $70. This is our second year with it, loaded with extras and of course unlimited everything including a limited number of airline data flights per year.

I think that plan is not available anymore, we are grandfathered in, prices have gone up, plans replaced. But they still offer a plan that would cost less than $70 if that is enough features for you... or take the OP advice, go to US Mobile or even Boost Mobile. I would never and have never paid more than $70 a month but in your case you did tie a phone purchase in with them.

The best T-Mobile IMO is Mint Mobile. It is about 18 beans (w/taxes and 911access) a month and the service and signal quality here on the NE side of the KC metro is A-OK. I can choose 4 or 5g. I use 4g when walking because if I use 5g, all the people who have T-Mobile 5g in their home can cause my Sirius XM to pause. There are 5 homes on my walking circle for sure and maybe 3 others.

i have RED POCKETS $60 YEARLY E-Bay plan as i use the unhealthy cell phone only when i REALLY need it!!! their customer service is POOR with typical hard to understand agents so CHATTING is better, they have many plans + carriers at varying prices!!

Another win for US Mobile:

I've been seeing some weird phantom hotspot usage showing up on my account, even though mobile hotspot is NEVER turned on on my device. It's not a large amount of data, sometimes 2-3 megs a day, sometimes as high as 70 megs. I posted the issue on the USM sub-reddit a little after 9 pm CST, and within 10 minutes I received a DM from one of their reps. He could see the phantom usage on his end, but couldn't explain it so he told me to keep an eye on it and message him back directly with any details.

You tell me another mobile company who's CS reps engage in that fashion. Bet you can't.

I ran across this today, T-Mobile prepaid. When they purchased Sprint they had to sell off Boost for the FCC to approve the purchase.
Boost is not the 4th primary cell phone company in the USA>

T-Mobile prepaid solution is called "Connect" just watch out for those "Taxes and Fee's" I dont do taxes and fee's plans.

I ran across this today, T-Mobile prepaid. When they purchased Sprint they had to sell off Boost for the FCC to approve the purchase.
Boost is not the 4th primary cell phone company in the USA>

T-Mobile prepaid solution is called "Connect" just watch out for those "Taxes and Fee's" I dont do taxes and fee's plans.
They are and they are not.

They do have their own towers. My wife's phone is on Boost Infinite and we have access to their smart network (Usually on Dish towers here, but get an hour or so away from the STL metro and we are on TMO towers)

Since we did a BYOD of her iPhone 15 Pro Max, we just signed up for the $25 / month plan for her and it's been great.

The thing I keep my eye on is their financials. They are burning through their cash. They got a bit of a reprieve with the merger of Dish and Boost.

Boost Infinite is their "Post Paid" offering, so it's similar to ATT, TMO and VZN vs Boost which is their MVNO Pre-Paid subsidiary.

I do hope they make a go of it as I'd like to see another full fledged network.

I thought Dish/Boost covered about 70-75% of the US population with their own towers last I read, IIRC. But they still depend on TMO or ATT for the rest.

@14Accent
Wondering if you can give an update on your experience with USMobile

Disregard my previous posts on TMobile. They broke tradition and no longer grandfather rates as my previous post said. We just got the notice of the increase.

Before TMobile we always used MVNOs and always had good service with Redpocket, etc

Great rates as you posted with USMobile and at the top of the list to switch in two weeks or so.

We would get two lines at USMobile and 12GB data $33 an month actual payment. That saves me over $550 a year than if I stay with TMobile

From what I briefly read I can try it 30 days and use their eSim
I assume for that 30 day period also keep TMobile

I signed up with US Mobile several months ago and my bill went from 167/month to $41 for 3 lines. We us 12GB/month shared and only once did I purchase extra data, and that's while travelling. I like to listen to youtube/podcasts while driving..... We use TMobile network and the service has been stellar.

@14Accent

Disregard my previous posts on TMobile. They broke tradition and no longer grandfather rates as my previous post said. We just got the notice of the increase.

Before TMobile we always used MVNOs and always had good service with Redpocket, etc

Great rates as you posted with USMobile and at the top of the list to switch in two weeks or so.

We would get two lines at USMobile and 12GB data $33 an month actual payment. That saves me over $550 a year than if I stay with TMobile

@14Accent

Sounds like you and lots of other people are upset with T-Mobile! I would be too!

So far, I've had zero issues with USM. The service in my area has been outstanding, and they recently introduced the ability to switch networks online without having to contact customer service.

I would recommend their service to anyone.

Sounds like you and lots of other people are upset with T-Mobile! I would be too!

So far, I've had zero issues with USM. The service in my area has been outstanding, and they recently introduced the ability to switch networks online without having to contact customer service.

I would recommend their service to anyone.
Good to hear, as you know I have T_mobile now but I think I will select ATT from US Mobile this time around. Simply because they are both good networks but we have used ATT MVNOs in the form of Straight Talk, Red Pocket (long term) for gosh about 12 years before TMobile. I see they sort of advertise their "Warp" service as feature rich and the GSM 4g LTE as an all around universal fit.
Being I have iPhones I can use either and now I read from you I can switch without calling them. Amazing. Being we are a bit more rural near the coast maybe I should first try the GSM ... I dont know. *LOL*

Ok, well, time to get my TMobile iPhone unlocked which they sent me the info on how to do, pretty straight forward. I took them up on a deal 2 years ago as they gave my wife and I (at the time) two new iPhone 13s for no cost mostly and our old iPhones in return. It was a no brainer and the ONLY reason we went off Red Pocket.

Our total cost for those "free" phones was no more than $300 total. Our Magenta 55+ plan also paid the basic cost of Netflix which we already were subscribers so for the two lines at the time our net cost was $63 a month for both lines and two new iPhones. Guess we will never see that deal again and Im not broken hearted. AS I said, we used MVNOs many years and always bought our previous phones.. as there is no such thing as a free phone ... except maybe for the short term special TMobile offered us near the holidays. Now I am done with them. Before the next billing cycle.

Im excited to switch! But I might as well use up the remaining two weeks (or less)

Good to hear, as you know I have T_mobile now but I think I will select ATT from US Mobile this time around. Simply because they are both good networks but we have used ATT MVNOs in the form of Straight Talk, Red Pocket (long term) for gosh about 12 years before TMobile. I see they sort of advertise their "Warp" service as feature rich and the GSM 4g LTE as an all around universal fit.
Being I have iPhones I can use either and now I read from you I can switch without calling them. Amazing. Being we are a bit more rural near the coast maybe I should first try the GSM ... I dont know. *LOL*

I'm pretty sure that US Mobile only offers two networks to choose from if you sign up. The "Warp 5G" network is Verizon and the "GSM" network is T-Mobile. Unless I am mistaken (which could be the case), they don't use the AT&T network.

Used to be the same here. Then somehow, somewhere, somewhen T-Mobil went tower happy and cranked up the volume.
I was a voice stream/Tmo user long ago, went to att when iPhone came out. ATT became intolerable in too many places, went to Tmo. The perks, especially free flight wifi, are valuable. I’ve only been in one or two places where their coverage is not as good as my work VZ phone.

T Mobile started throttling me back about 2 days ago... 😆

1000003194.jpg

I'm pretty sure that US Mobile only offers two networks to choose from if you sign up. The "Warp 5G" network is Verizon and the "GSM" network is T-Mobile. Unless I am mistaken (which could be the case), they don't use the AT&T network.
Thanks, I think you are correct. I guess what threw me off is when asked what network I was on, on purpose I selected ATT and it showed me the Warp5G and when I clicked on TMobile (my current carrier it takes me to GSM.

To be clear I agree with you, Im not sure why they steer me from ATT for Warp and dont steer me with TMobile as they are both technically lte.old GSM types vs old Verizon CDMA. Crap, now I have to make up my mind on what network but as @14Accent posts I can switch right from my online portal once I set it up which would be cool.
I purposely have my iPhone 13 set to LTE only as it being a bit rural near the coast I hate when the phone tries to decide a weaker 5g signal ve LTE which in that case LTE is more reliable for data. Not a big deal, I leave my wife's iPhone set to automatic on the network.

Anyway, I am ready to go and try this service... both our phones are unlocked. Still might wait the current TMoible billing cycle out... but ... maybe not, Im on us mobiles site right now and actually stopped in here to see if anyone replied, So thank you!

Back