Sweet Potato "Brownies"

Bought two 3 lb bags of sweet potatoes and made these. It's been a while since I made them.

Pressure cooked sweet potatoes with 1-2C of oats, some almond flour, coconut flour, some salt, and 3 eggs, mashed and baked at 350℉ for 35 minutes. No oil in this because I no longer add oil to foods unless it's needed in sautéing.
High in tryptophan which can be very relaxing at times.
They do taste like oatmeal a little, but I don't mind.
Bland ingredients because I'm histamine intolerant.

DSC_1947.JPG

DSC_1948.JPG

They're good with a glass of almond milk.

Do any of you feel angered by this post?
Someone seems to have been angered by this post.

I love sweet tato pie......I suspect those are good as well. I would up them a bit. Sweeten with maple syrup, little spice......

I think someone made a face cause you can't eat the good stuff is all.

I bet a teaspoon of vanilla extract would give your sweet potato brownies a lil extra kick too(y). When I bake a sweet potato, I always cut them open when done, and put some butter and vanilla extract, and mix it up really well😋

A lot of good things can be made with sweet potatoes. A little bit of liquid carmel would spruce it up.

My mother used to make fried sweet potatoes with plenty of butter and brown sugar. Every once in a while, we'll make up a batch.

The "brownies" are an interesting way to cook sweets. I usually do mashed sweets (skin in, just add butter, salt, and half/half) but will try the brownies in the near future...

Back