Sweet Potato "Brownies"

This is an affront to brownies. I’m reporting OP to the UN for brownie rights violations and crimes against humanity.
True these never should be called brownies. Insipid, tasteless, Low flavor healthy sweet potato bars squares probably would be a more fitting name.

I would grind the oats to oat flour, maybe use a bit less. I love cooking with almond flour.

Low flavor healthy

Many of you would probably add tutti frutti ice cream flavoring to this.
Me, I'm OK with the tastes of natural whole foods as is and unsweetened.
Bland foods are the best bet for me if I want to keep my histamine levels low.

If I did sweeten anything I'd add dates.
That said, I'm not a big fan of oats. I'd rather add more almond flour and a little coconut flour. Tapioca flour also works good.
The oats make these more acid forming, I can feel it. A glass of milk with it would balance it off and buffer the acid but at this point in my life I don't do dairy. I do almond milk but it's not as buffering as cow milk.

Last edited:
Daughter uses this Red Mill whole grain flour and Splenda to make her dark chocolate brownies. :love:
1652554895409.jpg

I ate a lot of brownies in the 60’s and 70’s…. 👨‍🍳. Kinda got “burnt out“ on them…..Dude! ✌️

I ate my share of them too. When I got to be about age 30 I realized the foods I was eating were adding to my health problems.
Before that I was on anti depressant meds and lived on cookies, coffee, cigarettes, and gum.

I ate my share of them too. When I got to be about age 30 I realized the foods I was eating were adding to my health problems.
Before that I was on anti depressant meds and lived on cookies, coffee, cigarettes, and gum.
The four basic food groups!

Wife wonders about measurements for the ingredients. Thanks!
I don't go by a recipe, I just pressure cook a 3 pound bag of peeled sweet potatoes, mash them and add things like almond flour and oats, a few eggs, salt, mix it, and spread it into a baking pan or muffin pans, and bake at 350* for 35 minutes.

Back