supertech full synthetic 5qt for $11.88, what's the catch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just add a bottle of BG MOA to it. That should firm uop the add pack.

Then again it would over budget the 11.88
wink.gif

It's been awhile, but the origins of SuperTech oil have been thoroughly discussed on here before. This oil is made by QuakerState. Johnny, who works for Pennzoil (which owns QuakerStare, and both are owned by Shell now) has confirmed this.

I use a mixture of synthetic ST 5w-30 and 10w-30 in my accord.

Haven't noticed a difference.

Noticed today that Supertech 10w-30 high mileage full synthetic @ 11.88 plus extra qts @ 2.37..

Now rated SM right on the front.

Any speculation as to whether in 3/05 that this is still Quaker State full synth?

quote:

Originally posted by Meistersinger:
Super Tech Dino oils are packaged by Shell in their Houston facility, not warren distributing. It is on par with the formulashell brand.

Suggest you do a search on "SuperTech/Super Tech" or "Warren Performance Products" and read the threads.

We have discussed Warren as a supplier of Walmart SuperTech and the blue bottles with the WPP logo many times.

Some regions have a different supplier, but the majority of the country is Warren & ExxonMobil on the East Coast.

Well, thanks for the report on the SuperTech supplier in your region.

With the jump in transportation costs, I'm not surprised to see Walmart turn to regional blenders/packagers to put SuperTech on the shelves at $0.88/$0.99 a quart.

Does Shell utilize a contract packager, such as Graham, to mold & fill the bottles?

Graham is the bottle blower, but Shell actually fills these in a proprietary plant in the houston area as they are a standard quart bottle. However, products like 8oz brake fluid and p/s fluid would be filled at a contract manufacturer, with Shell's bulk product.

quote:

Originally posted by C T Puchniak:
Tech 2000 synthetic in Canada was Castrol Syntek

So I was told at the store in Vancouver,BC

Clare

Nope, don't believe ignorant store monkeys.

I could do a UOA on the synthetic 10w30 in my crown vic with about 3200 miles on it.

but it's an auto-rx cleaning phase (2nd clean) and thus won't provide much useful information

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
I'd say that Wally's oil doesn't have the better quality additive package of other top syn's. Hence, it would only be good for a moderate oci, before oxidation became a problem.

I doubt it's really a bargain if you could get the same results from Pennzoil @ a cheaper price with a 5K oci.

I've seen some of the uoa's and the USA version doesn't appear to have much Moly, no Boron, and not enough ZDDP.

I'd rather get PZ dino or Syntec Blend and save some cash or go for the Mobil 1 if a real synthetic is needed.

Moderate OCI? look at my OIl ANaylsis.. its the 1999 Hyundai tiburon one.

local stores have it for 15.98 for both regular syn and hm syn. Any grade. Nice bump of a dead thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back