Supertech filters now $2.07!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
spaz.gif
spaz.gif
Walmart near me has changed all their $1.97 supertech filters to $2.07.

If you're still
spaz.gif

they were still at the origonal price last time I was there, but the fact that they moved their cheap oil up to 88cent a quart and now have C on the bottom instead of wpp is sucky too.

Digital2k2 what does the C mean on the bottom of the bottle mean? The new ones sort of resemble the Mobil Drive Clean bottles. Suppose Mobil is supplying Super Tech now?

offtopic.gif
If there is a C on the bottom,it may stand for Coastal.Coastal makes Advance Auto's house brand of oil and they have a C on the bottom of their bottle.They also have the C on Coastal brand of oil which can be found at Autozone.
If it is Coastal,it is now Warren-Unilube that owns the Coastal name.
This is NOT the same Warren of the Warren Distribution/Warren Performance products that does/did make Super Tech oil nor are they associated in any way.
Warren Unilube can be found at www.warrenunilube.com

Holy cow, I just can't understand why people that will happily pay $4+/quart for Mobil 1 will complain about a 10c increase in the price of the filter. That might cost you, what, about 40c extra this year for oil changes? I know - maybe we should all boycott Wal Mart until they drop it back... that'll show 'em...

Wow, Wal-mart takes a beating on this board. Try to keep your prices consistent and your "bullying suppliers", if you raise the prices 10 cents you criticized.
rolleyes.gif

-T

I noticed the $2.07 price tonight too in central Indiana. However, my '93 Caprice takes a ST30, which Wal*Mart has on the clearance shelf for $1.25! I'll be grabbing up the rest of them next week.
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
Geez, if 10 cents is gonna break the bank, go to AutoZone and buy the $1.49 Champion Labs-made "Valuecraft" oil filter...

HA! Even those "Valuecraft" are $1.99 now, well at least by the Autozone near me.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Digital2k2:
the fact that they moved their cheap oil up to 88cent a quart and now have C on the bottom instead of wpp is sucky too.

I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and checked on some of their ST oil.The 20W-50 qt. bottles have a C on the bottom.The 10W-30,5W-30 have the WPP.
They didnt have any qt. bottles of 10W-40 on the shelf,it may be changing too.
The bottles and gallon jugs have not changed shape or anything,they are still blue.

The gallon jugs of 10W-30 also have the WPP.
I didnt check the gallon 10W-40 or any of the others.

I also forgot to check on the ST filters.
I was at Autozone a week ago and bought one of the ValueCraft filters for $1.49,might as well give them a try.

quote:

Originally posted by acovington:
Holy cow, I just can't understand why people that will happily pay $4+/quart for Mobil 1 will complain about a 10c increase in the price of the filter.

It's all BITOG's fault. All this talk about how great Supertech filters are has driven up the demand
smile.gif

And they raised the price of an oil change right across the board as well.

SuperTech from 11.88 to 13.95
Featured Oil (Castrol, QS, PZ depending on loc) from 14.95 to 16.95

Full Synthetic to 31.95 from 29.95

They will allow you to substitute your own filter if you don't want the much maligned (in BITOG) Fram, and will reduce the price $1.88. That's what I always do...take in my AC/Delco and let them do the rest while I watch.

I was in the local WM Sat. night,the ST filters are now $2.07 here too.
I am considering switching to the Purolator made Adv Auto Total Grips.I have used the TG before and cut it open after use,it was very well constructed.
Considering the TG are only $2.48 in my area,that is not a big price difference.

I have nothing against the ST's,I do however wonder about their upcoming availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back