Fram 3614 series for OPE?

at work i run a Purolator BOSS 3614 sized filter. it will be getting an OG wire backed Titanium FS3600 on friday.
The Boss and Titaniums are both overkill filters for OPE, and still way cheaper than the OPE branded filters. I've always said the OPE filters are fine, nothing wrong with them, they just aren't a good value. I was in Tractor Supply this weekend and happened to go down the OPE aisle. There wasn't an oil filter under $12, and the $12 one was a cheap knock-off.

Reactions: pbm
I've got an FL400 on my 28HP Briggs commercial turf engine, my 17HP Kawasaki takes a different size(can't remember which).
Just bought a Kohler 14KW backup gen, believe it has the 725cc engine, I need to find the alternative filter for it but honestly, that OEM filter can probably stay on there for years.

The Boss and Titaniums are both overkill filters for OPE, and still way cheaper than the OPE branded filters. I've always said the OPE filters are fine, nothing wrong with them, they just aren't a good value. I was in Tractor Supply this weekend and happened to go down the OPE aisle. There wasn't an oil filter under $12, and the $12 one was a cheap knock-off.
meant to say on the forklift on that post. oops

OT....Another 3614 sized filter that I won't be buying anymore is the Motorcraft 910. It was a good value 2 years ago at $3.97 everyday at Walmart....now it's $8.44 everyday at Walmart....that's more than double the price for the exaxt same filter...

OT....Another 3614 sized filter that I won't be buying anymore is the Motorcraft 910. It was a good value 2 years ago at $3.97 everyday at Walmart....now it's $8.44 everyday at Walmart....that's more than double the price for the exaxt same filter...
"inflation".

Went this year to get a filter, and found they had jumped to $11. and change.
That's what I found as well - prices had doubled.

Yes, some mower manufacturers cram the engine in there and a shorter filter must be used.
However, the OP stated that he has been using the 3614. So, he’s okay with the fit.
Yeah, that's what I've read from others or a steering arm linkage runs right under and any filter longer than stock gets in the way.

Of course, just 2-3 weeks prior, I gave away a TG3614 that fit my wife's Fusion, which we no longer have.... 😂 Oh well, once I saw that the WM version fit and was just a few bucks, I was fine with it. 😂

Back