GM doubled the price of PF47E oil filters?

Shipped from and sold by Amazon.com.

Say it with me. :)

Yeah, don't buy this stuff from third party sellers. You have no idea what you'll get.

Also, be very very skeptical of car parts sold by Amazon Warehouse as "Used-Like New". It wouldn't be that hard for someone to clean their old ignition coils up and send them back and say "I ordered the wrong thing."

Is that really so much worse than having to go into Walmart so that the people picking the order don't hand you an opened box with someone's used oil filter full of dirty motor oil that made it from the returns counter back to the shelf, taped up?

The folks working at Walmart are some special people. A used dirty oil filter that nobody even tried rinsing out makes it past the person at the returns desk, and the guy in the automotive department who tapes it up and puts it back on the shelf. Last time I was in there, I didn't find just one, or two, or three, but 5 taped up boxes full of filters with dirty motor oil. Not all for my car, but I took them all to the counter at the auto section and said "You can't sell these to people. Look at this crap! Someone used all of these and brought them back here with dirty oil in them." and they were like "Oh." and probably put them back out as soon as I left again.

Not only would Sam Walton be spinning in his grave if he saw the people working there today, but he used to be vicious about his pricing strategy. Doubling the price of an oil filter and not caring if the main competitor had them for $4 would not fly back then.

:D
It doesn't matter if sold by Amazon or not if it's also sold by 3rd party & fulfilled by Amazon as they all get mixed together.
In regards to Walmart, it's pretty easy to check on the spot as you receive the order if it's ever been opened. Of course 3rd party sellers at Walmart.com need not apply. So yeah, 100% worse at Amazon.

ACDelco oil filters are approx $14 retail here at the auto parts store I work at.

I probably shouldn’t share my employee cost but I will say it’s less than half of the retail price.

I don’t think GM is to blame on this one. Just the cost of doing business.

ACDelco oil filters are approx $14 retail here at the auto parts store I work at.

I probably shouldn’t share my employee cost but I will say it’s less than half of the retail price.

I don’t think GM is to blame on this one. Just the cost of doing business.
That's still more than what the AC Delco GOLD filter for my car runs on RockAuto and some of the rest.

Still haven't tried any GOLD ones on the Buick because it's easier to just pull a higher end FRAM or the OE filter off the shelf at a big box store. They look nice though.

Back