Supertech Dexron VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had two quarts left of the old supertech licensed dexroniii/mercon. So I bought 3 quarts of DEXVI @ 3.24 per quart to have enough for a change. It is in a 3 speed GM THM125 trans that calls for DEX II-e. I agree with one of the former posters that the trans shifts a litter crisper with this fluid. I only used 3 quarts also.

Gonna run it 7.5k then rechange with all ST DEXVI

Last edited:
I have put this fluid into my Yukon. It is an 03 so it was originally spec'd for Dex III. I finished an Auto Rx treatment and then did a pan drop with filter change ( 5 quarts total of ST Dex VI) then I have done 3 more drain and fills (3.5 quarts). The transmission has 53K on it and I am sure it did have the original fluid. The tranny does shift better than it did before and does appear to be running cooler. I only say this from the heat I used to feel coming from under the hood. But I know it is shifting better. I can sometimes barely feel the shift from 1rst to 2nd. So I do not know if the difference I am experiencing is mostly from the Auto Rx treatment or the new fluid or a combination of both. But I do know it does seem to be working for me. And as cheap as this stuff is and as easy as it is to do a drain and fill (which my tranny is draining as I type) I am having a tough time deciding to stick to this fluid and do frequent drains or go to a better fluid and leave it in a little longer.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
I have put this fluid into my Yukon. It is an 03 so it was originally spec'd for Dex III. I finished an Auto Rx treatment and then did a pan drop with filter change ( 5 quarts total of ST Dex VI) then I have done 3 more drain and fills (3.5 quarts). The transmission has 53K on it and I am sure it did have the original fluid. The tranny does shift better than it did before and does appear to be running cooler. I only say this from the heat I used to feel coming from under the hood. But I know it is shifting better. I can sometimes barely feel the shift from 1rst to 2nd. So I do not know if the difference I am experiencing is mostly from the Auto Rx treatment or the new fluid or a combination of both. But I do know it does seem to be working for me. And as cheap as this stuff is and as easy as it is to do a drain and fill (which my tranny is draining as I type) I am having a tough time deciding to stick to this fluid and do frequent drains or go to a better fluid and leave it in a little longer.

Go to Amsoil ATF and leave it in longer. Do a UOA at 25K then 40K.

If you do decide to go to a better ATF, the only cost effective way to do it is via a cooling line flush which you can do yourself. Doing multiple drain and refills to get to 95% new ATF when it costs $9.00 QT is not cost effective.

I've yet to see Supertech Dex VI at a Walmart near me. I'm still using GM Vehicle Care Dex VI which I can order online for $5 a quart when buying 4 one gallon containers.

When I was driving down in Washington State, I noticed that Wally World had a spot for VI on the shelf but none in stock (in the 4 liter size). I was able to pick up ONE 1 liter bottle.

Now, I'm looking for a couple of more bottles to complete my collection...

Ok, I managed to accumulate 18 qts of this stuf since my last post in August. I did a drain / refill, using 3 qts. Vehicle in question : 07 Silverado. 14600 miles on clock. Plan on this procedure every 3rd OC.

You're lucky.

I was just down in San Antonio for business and I thought I would see if I can get some down there... The two Wally Worlds down there I checked were also out of stock...

Is the stuff that hard to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back