Supertech Dexron VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have an experience. My pops '03 Trailblazer does a bunch of towing so I figured I'd drain the entire system and refill with the Supertech Dex VI that is in question here. He's still under impression that all tranny fluids are meant to be in there the lifetime of the vehicle.

I always used the Warren ATF+4 stuff before from Wally-world so figured this Dex VI would be better then not changing the fluid at all.

After draining and filling then test driving I noticed no real major change in shifting characteristic. Perhaps crisper shifts but that may be my imagination. I did not do a uoa on the old Dex III that was in there, so I do not know the condition of old fluid. Unit had 43K on it with at minimum 170 80-mile tow trips overall. Trailer weighs in around a little over a ton. Condition of old fluid looked good, was a deep red with no noticeable metal debris.

The new Dex VI fluid has been in there for only 1K so far, but the unit shifts and drives like it always has in the past. I will see what happens in the next 40K.

thanks, i will use it. i am just waitig for it to become available around my area. i will use it in the 4EAT Subaru. we bought the car at a good price, but i also have some concern which i will ask in other thread.

Originally Posted By: gogozy
here is a new link to GM's document on GM.. i did not notice much differences, no AMsoil nor ST...
http://www.gm.com/explore/technology/gmp...ease_30NO07.doc

Yes it does!!!!
beer3.gif
Man, I'm happy. It clearly states Warren Oil Company at the end of it. That's who supplies ST.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
where is the new list? I remember asking you for it awhile back, but didn't get any response.

It should be available soon. I'm looking for it myself.

Its probably a clone of the Warren stuff.

I'm drain/refilling a T-IV Toyota with the Supertech DexronVI today. If the fluid works well enough, it'll find its home in a bunch of TIV/WS units.

Originally Posted By: unDummy
I'm drain/refilling a T-IV Toyota with the Supertech DexronVI today. If the fluid works well enough, it'll find its home in a bunch of TIV/WS units.

I'd love to hear feedback on how it works in a WS tranny...

thanks,
b

well today i went to walmart and found Supertech Dex-VI for $2.97/qt. on the back of the bottle, there is a license #. This license doesn't appear on the list of approved Dex-VI. However the list is old.
Here's a pic:
04192008290.jpg

The posted list license numbers don't go as high as 60340 so it is clearly an out of date list. I will contact GMSPO next week to try to find out where the latest one is and obtain a link.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
The posted list license numbers don't go as high as 60340 so it is clearly an out of date list. I will contact GMSPO next week to try to find out where the latest one is and obtain a link.

Thanks. Let us know what you find.

If you do a search on Yahoo for Warren Oil Company, you will get warrenunilube.com . Also, for all of you who laughed or snickered at my posting of Amalie Universal Synthetic in place of T-IV, take a look at the begining of the list. It is in alphabetical order.

HERE IS THE LINK. http://www.warrenunilube.com/

I managed to snag a bottle of ST dexron VI @ Walmart last night. The only one they had. Seems people are buying it or they don't stock much of it. I'm gonna switch the fluid in the wifes 05 Trailblazer (currently Mobil 1 with about 20k on it). Just have to wait till I get more than one bottle.

I saw this supertech dexron 6 stuff at walmart for 2.99 a quart. the supertech multivehicle atf is 3.29 a quart

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Its probably a clone of the Warren stuff.

How did the Supertech DexronVI work out in the Toyota that called for T-IV? BTW, what year/model is it?

i have not seen any of this wonder fluid in my area (GTA, Ontario), i also wonder if Wallyword around Buffalo NY area have stock this item by now. time to cross border and stock on oils
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back