Supercross anyone?

Unfortunately, there will be no race in Orlando or Tampa this year so I will be going to Daytona in March for the Supercross. Bummer because the Tampa race is 20 minutes from my house. Im excited for Daytona because I have not been since 2019. Anyone else going?

I've been wanting to go to one of the Anaheim rounds for a few years now. Unfortunately they are always at a bad time for me with work. We had out annual physical inventory the day after A1. Then for A2 I am scheduled to work that Saturday. Its usually there during the NAMM show in Anaheim so that was another reason I couldn't go, my family owns a large company and I go to NAMM to visit them.

the last time i went, SHOWTIME put on a show!
THE KING jeremy mcgrath himself won that houston supercross on his yamaha
and it was on a big track in the Astrodome.
since then, NRG stadium has been built and has one of the very smallest tracks (when hosted) on the circuit.
for me, its not worth the 3+hrs to either dallas or houston.
i like the tv coverage, just not the tv announcers.
i have no idea why they have both a british announcer as well as trackside reporter. are they going for some "international" viewers that
will never amount to much?
why cant we just have goat RC and the Fro and it just be 2 that actually know what they are talking about.
granted i think the brit might be better than ralfie shaheeeeen
maybe with the split of ama sx from the fim we will see a difference. only time will tell. and the fim signed an australia for its sx series. thats bound to be quite comical.

We were talking about going to the SX near Phoenix (in Glendale, at the Cardinals' stadium) in a couple weekends. It's been ages since I went to an SX, or an outdoor national MX. I was astonished by how much they wanted for super-nose-bleed seats in Glendale. I think we're not going.

You mean the Mr Pibb Super Bowl of Motocross?

I like it when they bring out the Honda Odyssey at halftime and i don't mean minivans...

Anyway...

my best friend had a Honda Odyssey...his had yellow fenders. before that he had an Honda ATC90. the 1st real mass produced 3wheeler.
that Odyssey was the hardest to start...a pull rope for a 250cc 2smoke was just crazy...we used to spend hours trying to get that thing to start.

looking at pics i guess it was the FL250 model from the '79-'80 time frame

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCJD6gb3Tz_UCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

I was at the 1972 Superbowl of Motocross Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum where Marty Tripes won the first "supercross" race ever held...

Me
v
1972SuperbowlMotocross.jpg

Last edited:
my best friend had a Honda Odyssey...his had yellow fenders. before that he had an Honda ATC90. the 1st real mass produced 3wheeler.
that Odyssey was the hardest to start...a pull rope for a 250cc 2smoke was just crazy...we used to spend hours trying to get that thing to start.

looking at pics i guess it was the FL250 model from the '79-'80 time frame

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/331859066262087134/&psig=AOvVaw1vHr_9Ew1ZQfdTctvBP50R&ust=1643294574145000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCJD6gb3Tz_UCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
I had one just like that, too. Fun. Kinda hard to start, and wanted to overheat a lot.

Haven’t watched supercross since the bikes stopped smoking.

I'm with you. I was kind of turned off by it when I was watching what Richard Carmichael grew up to be. Suddenly in the span of one season he was a monster in muscle mass. I knew right then he was juicing to enhance his talent in order to win. I refuse to watch any kind of sport that promotes drug use.

I also am kind of pissed at the decibel guidelines at the stadiums. In the desert I had to rev my bikes to 5,000 RPM for sound test and could not race if over 94db. Keep in mind open desert with no one around to bother.

You have to wear earplugs in the stadiums because those bikes are ear shattering at over 100db. And this in crowds of over 50,000 people packed in.

I remember when I was a kid, the year was 1977 and they were running a stadium race at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh. I lived in West Virginia and asked my mom if she'd take me to see my heroes race at the Supercross. She honestly thought it was a some kind of a holy roller church event.

Yes I knew that when I posted, curious what kind of replies I would get LOL. This season is just crazy. Hope Roczen comes back for the outdoor season.
:D I kinda figured you knew, but I wasn't about pass up a sure thing staring me in the face. What do I win? 🤡

Back