Temperature lets ride

Engine oil on level, 20w50 syn. Mobil 1, outside temp at 1130am, 54 degrees and sunny and blue skies, by highnoon, its time to ride, Sportster 96, 5speed, its old like me....two mountains behind the house and enough S-curves to keep me busy, I 'm in east Tennessee almost on the river,,,Chattanooga..

We have mountains all over , u will not be bored, just a few minutes I can be in Ga, Alabama, and its 7 hours to Pensacola or Mobile,al..... Cookeville tn, Crossville tn, all really close by,,it would take years and years to find all those mountain passes..............Im trying and Im 77................. I dont do Sturgis, havent found all of Tennessee yet.....................

I've been able to take the bike out all through the winter. We've had some cold days but when it breaks above 50ºF it gets fired up.

Have fun and be safe! Maybe I'll see you in the curves this summer if you make it over to Deal's Gap or those parts.

Im a hour or so to Tellico Plains , tn and can jump on the big parkway to Cherokee , beautiful ride there, but stay alert and do not ride reckless,,slow down there..enjoy the beauty............camping and motels in Cherokee if u want to stay over...well yesterday was nice in Chattanooga, rode about 45 miles and the sun was out....refuled , and got back safely,,,yes it was on my Sportster, and no it doesn't leak oil and no it does not break down and all Ive done to it is tires and oil changes and one stator change out for major repair,and rockerbox gaskets' ok, maybe a few spark plugs thru the yeas,,its a 96...no its not fast, no it does not have to be because it will run any legal speed limit..lol, and yes its paid for, full coverage insurance is 339 a year, less than a buck a day full coverage,,,if u do damage one this old, parts are sketchy to find, but there are ways to find old stuff...like autos,,u gotta look around for old stuff.....well thats about it,,,o yeah, its only 60 hp,,I know,,not much is it...o well........

I'm fortunate to have access to lots of great roads, with little traffic on them. The downside is that they're buried under many feet of snow right now.

This was late May, last year. A LOT more snow right there at the moment.

IMG_20230523_131730.jpg

I envy anyone close to good rides. No really good rides from where I'm at. Guess I could ride west to Kansas small towns but not alot of scenery. Granted I only have the scoot right now I'll have to figure out something when I get actual motorcycle.I like

Engine oil on level, 20w50 syn. Mobil 1, outside temp at 1130am, 54 degrees and sunny and blue skies, by highnoon, its time to ride, Sportster 96, 5speed, its old like me....two mountains behind the house and enough S-curves to keep me busy, I 'm in east Tennessee almost on the river,,,Chattanooga..

We have mountains all over , u will not be bored, just a few minutes I can be in Ga, Alabama, and its 7 hours to Pensacola or Mobile,al..... Cookeville tn, Crossville tn, all really close by,,it would take years and years to find all those mountain passes..............Im trying and Im 77................. I dont do Sturgis, havent found all of Tennessee yet.....................
Kansas....I like riding the plains just as much as the forests and hills and mountains. There's no such thing as bad scenery on a bike :)

OP.....Kudos to you and keep riding!!!!

Well, the snow or the most part has melted. And the rain we just had had washed the salt away. Sundays forecast is for mostly sunny sky's and a high of 42. So it looks like I'm goin riding. We have a Polar Bear ride about 70 miles away, so that should be a nice 140 mile roll around. And stop for lunch,,,

Back