Super Tech 5w-30 Synthetic 4,700 mi '96 Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gene K
Guys its Blackstone. It would not be the first time they showed low additive levels....

And it shows zinc and phosphorus only around 50ppm lower than avg. EricJRoy in order to figure out that tin # you need to uoa the Ultra.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
mongo161 said:
Most people would tell you to stay away for products like TufOil(snakeoil). IDK myself but, I don't use them either. Too expensive!

+1 on the snakeoil. Save your money.

When ST synthetic was $13 (approx.) for 5 quarts it was a great deal but at $17 I'd rather give 2 or 3 dollars more and get QS or PP syn. That's just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: pbm
When ST synthetic was $13 (approx.) for 5 quarts it was a great deal but at $17 I'd rather give 2 or 3 dollars more and get QS or PP syn. That's just my opinion.

When it was 13 bucks, Havoline was $1.50. It has gone up less than most oils. Still a great deal at $3.50/quart when most Dino oils are about that price. And I don't see where any other oils out-perform it. But I understand your logic.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
If it was a bad oil, then why is it still being used by 1000 of customers nation wide.

by that logic smoking is good for you too. ST is 17, QS is 18.... the choice is easy to me.

I think people are missing the point here, who gives a toot about high additive numbers if they are blended properly and give an excellent wear report? It's all about the mix and if it had 10000ppm of zinc,moly, phos etc. it could and would give a lousy UOA. Super oil for the money, I'd take this report over some of the ones ones i've seen of "some of the big boys" any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back