Super Tech Synthetic Blend 5W-30 3.0k miles / 2008 Subaru Forester X 2.5L 137k miles

Hey all,

Here’s my latest UOA on the Forester (this time with TBN). This Super Tech Synthetic Blend 5W-30 ran for about 6 months and 3,061 miles. During this run the oil saw a lot of 100 degree days, a big mountain trip, and a fair bit of city driving. This oil ran with a Subaru OEM oil and air filter. The previous run (first UOA) was with Beck/Arnley oil and air filters.

New oil in was Valvoline High Mileage Synthetic Blend 5W-30 and new Subaru oil filter. Cheers!

D87F1974-9721-4CDA-8051-15AAC0CFC9C3.jpeg

Nice report. Low wear metals. Your car appears to have sheared that blended oil a bit. No harm done -- you enjoyed the SUV and thoroughly used the oil.

Rinse, lather, and repeat at a 3000 to 4000 mile OCI. I do the same with my small AWD SUV with a 4-cyl DI engine.

Hey all,

Here’s my latest UOA on the Forester (this time with TBN). This Super Tech Synthetic Blend 5W-30 ran for about 6 months and 3,061 miles. During this run the oil saw a lot of 100 degree days, a big mountain trip, and a fair bit of city driving. This oil ran with a Subaru OEM oil and air filter. The previous run (first UOA) was with Beck/Arnley oil and air filters.

New oil in was Valvoline High Mileage Synthetic Blend 5W-30 and new Subaru oil filter. Cheers!

View attachment 121822
Looks, really, good. Noticing the greater viscosity of the previous oil, what oil and grade was it?

Looks, really, good. Noticing the greater viscosity of the previous oil, what oil and grade was it?
Both runs were with Super Tech Synthetic Blend 5W-30. I could only speculate that the oil sheared on the second run due to the season (hot temps) and more demanding driving (mountain trips, more city).

Both runs were with Super Tech Synthetic Blend 5W-30. I could only speculate that the oil sheared on the second run due to the season (hot temps) and more demanding driving (mountain trips, more city).
Interesting. Sounds right, Thanks.

Back