Fram 5W-30 Synthetic 7,757 miles Subaru '22 Forester

Al

Vehicle looks like it did a good job Oil appears weak. I think I am done with this oil.

Forester Mileage-21,103 Mi OIL- 7,757 Mi 5W-30 FRAM Oil
AL- 4
CR- 0 NA- 11
FE- 10 CA- 747
CU- 8 MG- 560
PB- 0 Phos- 503
SB- 0 ZN- 531
MO- 45 Barium- 0
BORON- 15
NI- 0
SI- 41
MN- 3 SUS- 52.9
Titanium- 0 CSt.- 8.15
FLASHPOINT- 355F
AG- 0 FUEL% 1.5
K - 2 INSOLUBLES .7
B- 15

It's a bare bones add pack that's for sure. Although it should have a good base oil. We all want a decent base WITH a decent add pack. I don't blame you here.

Although copper is a bit high it's still break-in so that should come down & I doubt this oil hurt anything regardless. Just doesn't look good after it's all written down. 🤣

who is that analysis from?
looks like the GDI is diluting.
Reminds me of napa brand oil.. weak.

who is that analysis from?
looks like the GDI is diluting.
Reminds me of napa brand oil.. weak.
Blackstone. Short trips. I can't recall if I did a 10+ mile drive before changing. I usually do. Vehicle gets 26 mpg around town.

Silicon is high, but that might still be from the factory sealant. Is the air filter the original OEM filter? A lot of aftermarket filters have sealing issues on Subarus.

Almost 8k miles on Amalie (FRAM motor oil)? I'd stick to 5k mi regardless of oil with a dilution prone engine.

Considering the OCI, the FRAM did fine, IMO.

Last edited:
Not suppose to judge an oil by its additive package since they must be using secret space age non-metallic or ashless, not seen in UOA, unobtainiums... haven't we heard that here too often?

Look what a little fuel does for visc.

Go thicker or an oil that 'looks' 'stouter' 🤣

Step up the HTHS ladder

Short trips and insolubles.... maybe the OCI should be shortened some

Almost 8k miles on Amalie (FRAM motor oil)? I'd stick to 5k mi regardless of oil with a dilution prone engine.

Considering the OCI, the FRAM did fine, IMO.
Probably right. I am gonna stick to this OCI since I probably won't keep the vehicle over 60K miles.

Si and insols. Are very, very high. Fuel is also high. Oil did pretty good for the amount of crap it had to deal with!!

Back